Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Being ripped off as a long standing customer...I'm livid!

Hi All,

Before I call Virgin tomorrow, I want everyone to check out what the call charges on their home phone will be if you, like me, accepted an offer to bring my total package (TV, broadband & phone) costs down.

I've received my latest bill and there's a whopping almost 17p per minute charge for making calls from the landline costing me £21 on top of my line rental costs. Unbelievable that nobody at Virgin made me aware of this (I wonder why?).

Please check everything people!

Daz

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Being ripped off as a long standing customer...I'm livid!

Far better to get the phone removed from your package and go for a voip service. Voice Over IP.

I now pay £2.40 a month for a number plus call charges (which are cheap). It costs about £60 to buy the Voip adapter, connect it to your router and then you just plug your regular telephone into it. After a couple of months, you're quids in!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

So what telephone package does your latest bill say you are on and which one were you on before you agreed to the change?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm on the talk weekends package apparently. Before I was on another I believe which basically meant we rarely paid for call charges at all. Now I've told everyone never to use the landline unless in an emergency. Why couldn't Virgin simply be honest and say based on your passed usage you should be on 'x' plan???

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Due to the loss of discount, dropping the phone line might not help you. Even on the legacy packages dropping the phone line only saves £3 - 4 a month. If the phone line is integral to your package, dropping it means a total renegotiation of your package & possibly even less savings.

When OFCOMs rules change next year VM will have to inform you when your deal is about to expire & give you options for a new contract at that time.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

When you change your package we always ask if you're aware of the call package you're changing to and what this includes. 

You would have also had a confirmation email sent to you confirming this and access to our help page which can explain what's included in the package you've accepted.

If you've changed your mind about the package you can upgrade this to the higher call package with our team on 150/0345 454 1111. 

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I found the savings were much larger than £3-4 a month. I found it was the line rental charge on the phone which was the problem. Virgin £19 vs. £2.40 from a third party voip provider.

All the harassing marketing and scam calls stopped too because the new phone number isn't listed anywhere. I'd say its been a big win all round.

0 Kudos