Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Being charged for calls i didn't make !

Ive seen other threads regarding this issue. Im the account holder for my 84 year old father.

Im being charged for phone calls that are registered in Italy, although it doesn't work if you try to phone from another phone, and also to the local dental surgery at 8.10 in the morning. He doesn't have teeth and is asleep then. There are also times when he's not even in the house. Ive spent several hours now ,phoning customer services who have checked the line, apparently no crossed wires, to no avail.

I've been into the centre of town to the customer recruitment people there, they just gave me phone numbers to ring.

So, round and round in circles, meanwhile the bills are racking up and its wasting my time and sanity! 

I want somebody from Virgin Media to reply with a solution and refund of the costs involved asap.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Being charged for calls i didn't make !

Hahahaha Ive just filled in a customer complaint form and guess what happened, it told me there was a broken link , lost the message and pinged me out.

So you can't actually make an online complaint

OMG there must be an outside body aware that these things are occurring and the lack of customer service from Virgin, is anybody aware of if they have more clout than customers do please ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting in touch KerryB2 and I'm very sorry to hear of this happening to your father.

What have the team advised, when calling through to them? Have offered to cover the cost of the calls for you as they haven't been made by your father.The team should have looked into that over the phone.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steven, the advice i've been given ranges from we've checked the line and there aren't any crossed wires, wait until the next bill arrives !

To ,phone this other number, round and round in circles. I've even been into town to consult with the virgin media customer recruitment, they offered me a phone number , pointless.

So, apart from the dental surgery 🙄the other phone number I've tried on another land line and mobile phone, comes up as not recognised. It CLEARLY is somewhere as its being charged for and it seems to be registered to somewhere in Monza Italy near Milan.

Please try it , its 03901 42 8978

Please send out an engineer and refund the calls, phoning your customer service, is an exercise in frustration and is detrimental to good mental health.

I want this resolved so that it doesn't continue, my Father is 84, the tv service is a complete failure and utter waste of money as it can't be installed in the room he uses, unless we spend even more money and I regret ever changing to Virgin.

Regards

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Good luck getting this resolved. I am having the same problem. I don't even have a landline phone connected to our socket and I have been charged for phone calls on 3 separate bills, up to £20 so far. An engineer has been out and changed our phone socket to use the router instead but this didn't work as my most recent bill is showing more phone calls to mobiles.

I have had a moderator on here investigate it for me but it has been over a week now with no progress.

I tried ringing 3 of the phone numbers on my bill, 2 of them went to EE voicemail and the other was answered, sounded like a young female student. I didn't say anything so I left a text message, no response from her which was odd.

I also regret using Virgin, they are stealing money off me. What other company could get away with this??

Please let me know if you get this resolved and how you went about getting it done!
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi KerryB2,

Our apologies you're still having this issue.

What I will do is private message you so we can look into this. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Totally Tom,

I'll let you know when I do : ) 

Best wishes

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi totally Tom,

Still no further response from the moderator. I've sent an official complaint, to no avail either, quel surpriso 🙄 and have now complained via tweet. I've had one answer so far, maybe you can join in?  Might be helpful. Kerry

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

After many tweets and another 2 hours on the phone, we now have an engineer coming out today.
I've now been told by the moderator that the phone should be plugged into the hub and not the wall. Soon, why did;t the engineer do that ? Im waiting for a reply to that and why they have failed so spectacularly to provide a workable service !
I'll let you know.Kerry
0 Kudos