Menu
VinGielBru
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Back up box - complaint

I had Virgin installed in Sep 2017. Phone and BB (although I don’t use the phoneline). During this installation, the engineer suggested I also have a phoneline back up box installed. I rejected this as I had not intention of using the phoneline.

Fast forward to February 2021, when an engineer turned up unannounced at my door to give me a ‘new, replacement’ back up box. I told him I didn’t need one and never had one, for reasons written above. He told me he had to give it to me, so I took it; it’s in the packaging in a drawer.

Since then, I have been inundated with phone calls, emails, and letters asking me to return my ‘original’ back up box from 2017. I have made numerous phone calls to Virgin (totalling several hours), and raised 2 complaints (of which I was told my complaint was resolved). On my last phonecall, I spoke to the only helpful advisor I have spoken to so far. He informed me he would update my account and I would receive no more correspondence regarding this phantom back up box from 2017.

The engineer who carried out my original installation has clearly said he has installed something he hasn’t, and I’m paying the price nearly 4 years down the line. I’m getting absolutely nowhere with my phone calls and complaints. I’ve been told this is a purely administrative error which should have been resolved. Would appreciate any advice anyone could provide - getting absolutely nowhere, two months later.

0 Kudos
VinGielBru
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Back up box - complaint

Are there any Virgin forum mods who could look into this for me?

As mentioned, I’ve been told this is a simple administrative fix during my last phonecall on 16th March, but I’m still receiving letters, emails and text messages about sending back a piece of equipment I’ve never had.

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi VinGielBru,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry for any confusion over this, so I can get a few more details from you I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

VinGielBru
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

The advisor (Alex) who replied my original post was very helpful, and told me the matter was resolved and the mystery equipment would be removed from account.

I’ve since received three further emails and texts stating that I’m going to have charges added to my account.

Please can somebody remove this piece of equipment from my account and stop the messages being sent to me? How can I be charged for something I don’t have, and have never had. It’s ludicrous.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi VinGielBru

Thanks for coming back to us. 

I am sorry for that. I've contacted the equipment returns team for you so please ignore the email received.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
VinGielBru
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, John. Appreciate the very quick reply!

0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Our pleasure @VinGielBru,

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos