Menu
neilus77
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Back Up Phone Line

Hi everyone,

Has anyone had the back up phone line installed as part of the Virgin Phone package. When we placed our order we were told we were entitled to this back up phone due to our sons disability and it said that a corded phone must be attached in order to use it and that one would be provided if we didnt already have one. I have questioned numerous Virgin agents about this statement and everyone says we dont provide this. I want to know why not only does it state this during the ordering process but the agent who placed our order in retentions also stated it and said one was ordered.

We now have a back up phone line that cant be used as it has no phone attached to it and I refuse to purchase another phone when the company who installed this states that they will supply a handset if one is required.

I am considering taking this to trading standards as it is false advertising and the statement is perfectly clear to see on the ordering process on Virgins website, I have attached a screen shot.

If anyone has had the same situation, how was it resolved as I am not happy with being passed from person to person within Virgin and told that either I am imaging this or they don't supply the things they state they do provide. Screenshot 2021-04-22 122500.jpg

Thanks everyone.

0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Back Up Phone Line

There are often inconsistencies in VM policies and actions in response to all sorts of things as well as differences in information from different parts of the company.

Have you looked back through the forum for past questions such as this? Here was one recent outcome

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Emergency-backup-line-corded-handset-provided/m-p/43...

A simple corded phone is around the £10 mark which might be the level of credit offered. One of the VM forum team may be able to assist further. They normally respond within a week or so but are often faster than that.

0 Kudos
neilus77
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Goslow for your reply, its interesting to see that someone else has also noted the statement when ordering to say a corded phone will be provided. I have got nowhere with Virgin customers services, retentions, sales or complaints so hopefully one of the VM Forum team will see my message and be able to help me as currently I am going round in circles.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi @neilus77,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post, we really appreciate it!

We do provide the Emergency Backup Line for customers who do not have access to a mobile phone and may need to contact emergency services in case of a power cut or network outage.

I was able to locate your account by the details you provided on our forums. I will be more than happy to look into this for you. However, in order to do that, I will need to ask you to confirm a few details.

I will send you a Private Message about this. Please keep a look out for a purple envelope at the top of your Forum page.

Thanks,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi @neilus77,

Thank you for chatting with via Private Message.

I'm happy to say that your issue has now been dealt with and your complaint is now closed.

Please get in touch with us again if you need any further help or support.

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
neilus77
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for addressing this issue so promptly and providing a good resolution, I am very happy with the outcome and support you have given.

0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi @neilus77,

Not a problem at all. Please keep in touch and let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The information on the EBUL is very basic, & many do not realise its only purpose is to call emergency services.

1) You can only call 999 or 112, not any other number.

2) The EBUL relies on a connection to a mobile phone network service. If mobile phones have issues in your area, so will the EBUL.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos