Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

BT line to VM Nightmare

I recently moved to a new property and signed up to Virgin Media. My other property is in final stages of being sold so i kept my BT line active at this address. I contacted VM help desk and requested my old number I was advised that because the line was still active this wasn't possible, the operative even rang the number and confirmed it was still active. He advised that soon as we closed the account and the line was no longer active to contact VM and the line could be reallocated. I followed the advice and went through the process contacted VM application submitted I even had a text message confirming request will be actioned on 26th August. 24 Hours later i get a text message stating because the BT line wasn't active it wasn't possible to port my old number.......

I filled the online complaints form explaining in detail and asked VM to reply by email with an explanation, guess what I get a standard text message basically saying cant apply for BT number and to carry on using VM number. Very disappointed with VM help desk advice....      

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: BT line to VM Nightmare

oh no. you were adviced wrong.
You can't port a number if its not active

The line must be active and with no cancellation on the old providers line

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: BT line to VM Nightmare

Don't expect a quick resolution for this.. I've had a similar issue which has been going on now since 17 June.

0 Kudos