Menu
CaptainCaution
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

BT Synergy 5500 phone does not ring when on basestation

I have a Synergy 5500 with 3 handsets and a base station, with the handset in the base station NONE of my phones ring and I get a few click from the base station and I can hear the automated message "Answer off" repeated until the connecting call is disconnected.

However if I take the handset off the base station everything works fine, all my phones ring and I can answer a call on any of them.

The last call I received ok on this phone was last month, I have no idea how may missed call I should have received.

I never use the answer machine so it is always off.

I believe VM is changing thing related to landlines is this something they have done to my line? I'd like it changed back.

I can test this phone setup on a BT line to confirm if its my hardware or VM landline but not until the 19th.

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: BT Synergy 5500 phone does not ring when on basestation

Hello CaptainCaution

Thanks for your post 

This is very strange 

We are upgrading our lines across our customer base to what we call 21CV . It's basically a line run over the internet. You would need to have had to physically change this so it wont be the line from us 

Can you let us know how you get on testing on the 19th please

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
CaptainCaution
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: BT Synergy 5500 phone does not ring when on basestation

Sorry for the late reply Gareth but have indeed found the problem and it turned out to be a faulty power adapter, I could use the phone to make a call and I could receive a call but it wouldn't ring, a very strange fault, I would have thought if the power adapter went faulty it would fail in every aspect of using the phone.

the satellite phones use a similar looking adapter but these use a 200mAh power adapter and the one on the base station is 300mAh and the rj11 style plugs are not the same.

0 Kudos