cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Relate 1000 caller display

v1de0man
Tuning in

have have this phone for ages, works on 4 AA batteries, worked for years. No it no longer works in the Virgin Hub. Anyone have an idea of anything i can do to it or some setting somewhere to make to get it to work. Worked fine on BT for years, worked fine on Virgin Media phone line for years, worked fine on Talk talk phone line for years. Now although i can ring out no one can ring in. Even though i have taken my phone round to my friend who has the virgin phone line and it still works fine.

I have had an engineer round and bascially just says its not compatible with the new whatever system you are using now. How so?

I am using a temporary phone at the moment, but unlike the relate 1000 doesnt show me someone has rung when i was out.

3 REPLIES 3

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi V1de0man, 

Thank you for your post 🙂 

I am sorry you are having issues with your phone and 21cv, have you tried plugging a different phone into your line?

We cannot guarantee all handsets are compatible.

Zoie

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@v1de0man wrote:

have have this phone for ages, works on 4 AA batteries, worked for years. No it no longer works in the Virgin Hub. Anyone have an idea of anything i can do to it or some setting somewhere to make to get it to work. Worked fine on BT for years, worked fine on Virgin Media phone line for years, worked fine on Talk talk phone line for years. Now although i can ring out no one can ring in. Even though i have taken my phone round to my friend who has the virgin phone line and it still works fine.

What do you mean by 'no one can ring in'?

Do you mean that the phone does not make a ringing sound for an incoming call?

Does the phone's display give an indication of an incoming call (such as displaying caller ID)?

From and online search that model appears to be from the early 1990s. May even have owned one myself in the distant past.

Good Morning @v1deoman, if you're able to provide answers to the questions posted by @Zoie_P and @goslow, we'll be in a much better position to assist you on this matter

Our team will be here to support you until 9pm this evening

Kindest regards,

David_Bn