Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

BT Landline with Virgin Media broadband

Hi this may seem a stupid question but I have had Virgin Media broadband for over 2 years (no Virgin home phone) and BT landline that I am still paying £20 a month to BT for it. Do I actually need the BT landline for my Broadband only package? Thanks in advance.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: BT Landline with Virgin Media broadband

No.  VM use their own cables.  If you don't use the landline, cancel it.  If you need it, investigate the cost of a new VM contract that includes a landline.  In the past it was often the case that a VM package with a landline was cheaper than without, don't know if that's still the case.

However, can't say how much luck you'll have getting to speak to anybody at VM, and even if you do they may not have a clue what they're talking about.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

if you want a landline number seea bout porting it to something like sipgate and using a voip service. You'll only pay for the calls then

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for confirming, I thought that might be the case. Dont need a landline so will cancel. Re your point about speaking to a person from VM, you are right, I spent around 40 minutes looking for a contact number!!! Hence posted on here. Many thanks for your response 😁

0 Kudos