cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Converse 2300

patrea
Tuning in

I want to buy the BT Converse 2300 phone as it has the features I want including caller ID.

I saw this post where someone was having problems with this phone -

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/Caller-display-not-working-on-new-phone/m-p/38490...

Does anyone know if there is generally an issue with the BT Converse 2300 using caller ID on a Virgin Media landline?

2 REPLIES 2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

There isn't a reliable answer to this question. Sometimes VM forum staff have commented in the past if the specific model is known to have a particular problem.

The two issues which seem to cause general problems with phones not working on VM lines are the line voltage being too low or the type of caller ID in use on the line (both issues have affected some types of call blockers in past topics). A couple of past topics have also mentioned non-ringing issues on Converse 2300 and 2200 models. The answer might also depend on whether you receive your VM landline from a conventional phone socket or the back of the VM hub.

If you are going to get one, buy from somewhere with a no-quibble returns policy so you can send it back if you run into a problem with that particular model.

That's a great idea, I think I will go ahead and do that. Fingers crossed!

Thanks goslow.