Menu
ukstrider
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

BT Advanced cordless phone caller id

I have just replaced siemans gigabit phones which are about 15 years old and since switching I no longer have caller id, I have tried everything that the operator on 150 as suggested, power off both phone and base station, still no joy. If I reconnect my old phones caller id ok

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: BT Advanced cordless phone caller id

Hi ukstrider,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you're having. 

I have been able to locate your account and can see where you have spoken with one of our agents.

To confirm have you been able to try either another new handset or your old handset to see if when connected Caller ID returns?

^Martin

0 Kudos
ukstrider
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Firstly a correction the old phone, which still works with caller id, is a Panasonic KX-TG8061E0, I would also note that 1471 works with the new phones

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for that information. Okay, so from what you have advised it does sound like it could possibly be a fault with the handset. If we have confirmed this is compatible and the handset does have access that function, then this should work. 

From what I can see on our side, it does look as though we check over everything we could and nothing was showing as to causing this. 

Is this new handset a brand new one or a second hand one?

^Martin

0 Kudos
goslow
Community elder
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@ukstrider wrote:

I have just replaced siemans gigabit phones which are about 15 years old and since switching I no longer have caller id, I have tried everything that the operator on 150 as suggested, power off both phone and base station, still no joy. If I reconnect my old phones caller id ok

Are you connecting the new phone base station into the phone socket on the VM hub (a 21CV connection) or via a traditional telephone wall socket?

In the case of a hub connection, is the new base station the only thing plugged into TEL1 on the hub? If connecting to a telephone wall socket, are you connecting to the master socket (and with nothing else connected to any extension sockets)?

There have been past topics about caller ID problems and the BT Advanced phones.

0 Kudos
ukstrider
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It is a new phone I did get a new giga-set phone which did exactly the same thing which I returned 

0 Kudos