Menu
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

BEING CHARGED FOR FREE LANDLINE CALLS

I have a TALK ANYTIME contract but each month I am having to ring up Virgin and ask for refunds due to the fact they are charging me for local landline calls.  

I have spoken to some lovely customer service staff and they have credited me for these incorrect charges but have no idea why I am being charged for free calls under my TALK ANYTIME contract. I have been told to ring up each month,  when I receive my bill showing the call charges and they will credit me for them. 

This is not acceptable at all, it should not be happening. I am not even being compensated for ringing 150 and hanging on for nearly an hour to speak to someone, then being charged again for going over the 60 minute cut off point.

I asked one of the customer service staff if he could compensate me for about £10 as it will happen again until July when my TALK ANYTIME contract ends and which I will cancel, as I have never had as much trouble as I have had with Virgin Media.  I am nearly 80 years of age, having to isolate due to medical problems and need my landline to speak to friends as my Virgin mobile signal is totally rubbish and I have to go outside to get a signal.  All in all, I think Virgin Media/Mobile has had it's day as it does not give a damn about  it's customers.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: BEING CHARGED FOR FREE LANDLINE CALLS

Good evening

Sorry to hear about your issue

You will get charged for calls on anytime calls for the following reasons

1. You have exceeded the hour time limit you have per call.

2. You have used 1471 service and dialled 3 to return the call, as this is not you dialling the number but using a 3rd party service to make the call

3. Your calling someone on a Lycra mobile as these show as WIFI calls as they do not use a UK network for their call routing

I would check if any of the above is the case and that should be Identified by logging in to your my virgin media account online.

Regards

Derrick

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Dear Derrick,

Thank you for your reply but I have spoken twice already with Virgin customer service reps and they have confirmed that I am definitely being charged for local free calls that I should not be charged for.  All my calls are under 60 minutes, all are local and I never use 1471 to dial a number.

But they have said they have no idea whatsoever why I have been charged.  They wanted to send out a Virgin engineer to come into my home but as I am a vulnerable person with medical conditions, I have to isolate myself and not take the risk of catching the virus so they can't help my anymore.

My 12 month contract for talk anytime comes to an end at the end of July and I was going to carry on with it but because of all the mistakes I will cancel it and will have to ring up each month, when I get my bill for that months charged calls, and go through the routine of getting a refund for charged local calls.

Only May, June and July to go so it is only a phone call I have to make to Virgin for each of the next three months when I receive my incorrect bill. It is ridiculous.  

Thank you for your help, it is greatly appreciated.

Sheila.x

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi sweetthing,

Thanks for posting on our community page. I am so sorry for the charges that keep appearing on your bill when you have a talk anytime plan with us. 

We do appreciate the frustration caused when you are having to call every month to get these charges corrected. As you advised you are currently self isolating we understand the reason that you do not wish for a technician to attend at this present time.

I will certainly take a look in to this further for you. I am going to pop you over a private message. Click on the purple envelope to accept  the chat.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, I have private messaged Jodi.

0 Kudos