cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic compensation

Jastross
Joining in

Hello I moved house in august and ny phone line hasn’t worked until last week despite lots of contact with Virgin media . I was advised that I would get automatic compensation calculating at a daily rate for the inconvenience  now I have it working  , it’s been almost 3 months without a phone line . I have only been offered £4.70 per month compensation . How can I get Virgin media to pay their automatic compensation that I am due ?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

@Jastross wrote:

Hello I moved house in august and ny phone line hasn’t worked until last week despite lots of contact with Virgin media . I was advised that I would get automatic compensation calculating at a daily rate for the inconvenience  now I have it working  , it’s been almost 3 months without a phone line . I have only been offered £4.70 per month compensation . How can I get Virgin media to pay their automatic compensation that I am due ?  

VM seem to regularly play fast and loose with the automatic compensation scheme, despite Ofcom's rules.  Your best bet is to raise a formal written complaint (sent recorded post) asking for the full sum you're entitled to, plus say a further £50 for the nuisance because they haven't paid it automatically.  If (more likely when) they fob that complaint off, you escalate the matter to CISAS, the industry complaints adjudicator.

Also, be aware of this.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Jastross and welcome to the community forums. 

Automatic compensation is calculated for eligibility and added to the account by the system automatically. If granted, this is then seen on the next generated bill after the outage/total loss of service has been closed as fixed and resolved. 

If you have not seen this credit added, it could mean that you wee not eligible for compensation via this policy. If this is the case then the team can look at the account and offer compensation from their own findings and credit this manually. 

You can find out more about automatic compensation here if needed. 

Please let us know if you do not see any compensation added on your next generated bill and we can investigate this further.   

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

@Jastross wrote:

VM seem to regularly play fast and loose with the automatic compensation scheme, despite Ofcom's rules.  Your best bet is to raise a formal written complaint (sent recorded post) asking for the full sum you're entitled to, plus say a further £50 for the nuisance because they haven't paid it automatically.  If (more likely when) they fob that complaint off, you escalate the matter to CISAS, the industry complaints adjudicator.

Also, be aware of this.

Please can someone from the Virgin media team contact me regards to not receiving the compensation that I am due ? 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Jastross,

Thank you for coming back to us and I'm sorry to hear that you're unhappy with the amount of compensation you've been offered. 

I'll be more than happy to look into this for you and see what compensation you're eligible for. 

I will send you a Private Message to confirm a few details. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I'll be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs