Menu
Annzie
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Automatic Compensation Scheme. Loss of service refund not honored. Not pleased!!!

We had a loss of service on our phone line which we reported on the 10th of December 2019. An engineer was automatically booked on to come on the 12th this was cancelled without 24 hours notice and we were told it was an area problem. After 5 days Virgin told us this wasn't the case and that an engineer would need to come out and fix it on the 18th. So the problem could have been solved on the 12th.

I have called twice and been told that all this was logged and that it would automatically be credited to my bill. As it is now a couple of months I called to say it hadn't been credited. Now Virgin are saying otherwise........

The operator told us it hadn't been logged and that he would offer us a "good will payment" of £5. I said this was unacceptable as we were told that it had all been logged and that we would be recompensated for the 8 days loss of service and the missed engineers visit. The previous operators had even given dates, so I thought this wouldn't be a problem.

We are left lumbered with a Voip line that isn't fit for purpose too, as the engineer said this was the only way to fix it. We have disabled people with high needs living in the house and it isn't ideal for the circumstances.

We have been loyal customers to Virgin and always paid our bills in full, on time, and Virgin have really dropped the ball lately. Getting the fault sorted was very long drawn and difficult, and the result was unsatisfactory. The issue with the money we are owed is making my opinion of Virgin much lower.

Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Automatic Compensation Scheme. Loss of service refund not honored. Not pleased!!!

Hi there @Annzie

Thank you so much for your post - I am sorry that you have had some issues with your landline and subsequent credits for the loss of services. 

In regard to the issue, I can see that you have advised that we have migrated you over to our new type of landline where you get the line via the broadband services - when this is done, if you are flagged on your account as an Accessibility Customer and require as a lifeline for a resident, we install a special bit of kit to ensure you can still call 999 from your landline in an emergency. 

If you have any lifeline devices connected to the landline, you'll need to chat with that provider to see if it is compatible with the VOIP services. 

When there is an area issue, we're unable to send a technician out until the area issue has been resolved, I am sorry if this caused any delay in getting your services all fixed and working for you. 

Any Bill credit is automatically calculated based on the time your fault was reported to Virgin Media and the time it is resolved. Some periods may not count towards calculating the bill credit - I am sorry that on this occasion you have been advised that the issues did not result in any auto compensation. 

We do hope that all is now ok with your landline? Are you still experiencing any issues with it that we can assist you with? 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
BT4
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Automatic Compensation Scheme. Loss of service refund not honored. Not pleased!!!

Were getting a BT Line asap because they have left us without a phone despite have a very ill person in the house.and your right the compensation scheme doesn't work.. ..website saying no problem in the area dispite the phone off for over 4 hours now and the other day off for 2 days in a row..

Always read the manual as a last resort.

there are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who dont
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello there @BT4

So sorry to understand about your issues - I can see we chatted with you last week in regards to your landline.

When checking your services, I can see that you are impacted by a known area issue. 

This was raised today under reference number F007835602 with an estimated fix time of today at 9.30pm. 

If you are still having issues after this time, please do not hesitate to get back in touch and we'll check for updates for you. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Annzie
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Katie_WT

Thank you for your reply.

The Voip was installed because we were told that there was no other option. We ARE registered as disabled on the account. If the internet fails then this could prove problematic if we need to make emergency calls. We have mobiles as a back up but I'm not pleased as how the Voip was pitched. My elderly parents were just told that it works basically just like a copper line more or less. There is no way to get a copper line put in as we have contacted Virgin and they've said it's impossible. I'm not sure if this is because it seems Virgin want everyone to be on Voip, but a copper line is far more safe for our circumstances.

The fault was reported on the 10th of December and this has been confirmed in two conversations since concerning auto compensation. Is there no way that you can look into this and reimburse the refunds manually? 8 Days loss of service and a cancelled engineers visit. This was acknowledged twice by team members and each time we were told that it would be credited to the next bill. I don't see how anything has changed if you look at the notes it will say what has happened. The notes will say when the loss of service was reported (10th of December) and when the Voip line was installed (18th December). I find it pretty odd that it's all on the system but all that the customer service advisor says we are only entitled to a £5 "good will payment". I don't mean to be rude to you in any way but Virgin are really not playing fair on the loss of service payment. Is there any way you could get to the bottom of this?

Surely the refund can be done manually?

Thanks,

Annzie

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Annzie,

Thanks for explaining things to us and do apologise for the inconvenience this has caused. You are correct that we are currently upgrading our landline systems from copper to Voice Over IP as we find it brings better value for our customers. As you are considering porting your number to BT, we would like to make sure that you are getting a better value for the services that you have with us.

We would like to have a closer look at your account to find what is right for you and also to have look at what can be done regarding the fault in December, I'll be sending you a private message shortly.

Cheers, 

Corey C

Annzie
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Corey,

I have sent you a message. If you could look into the refund for loss of service and also any way that we could have a copper line reinstalled I would be grateful.

Also we aren't consdering porting over to BT yet. That was someone else in the thread. However when our contract is up in a few months this seems likely as Virgin's service has not been up to the standard we have enjoyed these years. The last few months have made it likely we will look for another provider for our TV, internet, and phone.

Thank you very much for looking into this,

Annzie

Annzie
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for sorting out the compensation Corey. It's unfortunate that we can't get copper line put back in but thanks for looking into it.

Much appreciated.

0 Kudos