Menu
WillH431
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Area 15

Anyone else in area 15 having problems with their land line?? Is no dial tone and no calls in or out?? Seems to be a lot of this being reported on here lately.

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 15

Hi WillH431,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your Landline looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you, could you tell me more about what is occurring with your landline please?
Some of the questions we usually ask are - 
•    Is there a dial tone? What do you hear when you pick up the receiver? (crackly/error message/No dial tone/yes dial tone)
•    Can you make/receive calls from Virgin Media landlines, what about non Virgin Media lines (non Virgin Media and all mobile numbers)
•    Is it a particular number you can’t receive? If yes, what provider are they with? What times and dates have they tried to call?
•    Are you plugged into Hub or the Virgin Media wall socket? Can you try a different wall socket (if you have one)
•    Can you try a different phone if you have one spare?
•    Have you recently ported over to us? If so, what date?
I also have some links here that help with general landline issues, have a look - 
No Dial Tone
Incoming/Outgoing Calls
Please come back to me with your answers 🙂
Thanks,
Megan_L

0 Kudos
WillH431
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have an engineer due on monday 4th January already. i just find it strange that so many people are having trouble with their home phone lines and all virgin seem to do is say it is their phones that are the problem.. if your engineer says that there is nothing he can do where do i go from there???

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

So many problems.
So how many of the 3million or so customers have you seen having problems.
To say "so many" i'd expect a minimum of 50% so about 1.5millions
0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi WillH431, 

Thanks for coming back to me about this, I am glad to hear you have an engineer appointment booked already.

I am sure they will do everything they can to get your landline working again, faults are all about trial and error especially with complicated issues. However most of the time our engineers manage to resolve any issues first time 🙂

Please let us know how the visit goes, if you still need help we will be here for you.

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
WillH431
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello Megan, 

I have just received a message from Virgin My engineer app has been put on hold.it seems that after 4 days of saying all is good, there actually is a problem in my area and they are investigating it now and hope to have my home phone working before midnight.

I will keep you informed of the progress.

Thank you for your help😀

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hey WillH431,

Yes please keep us updated as if the local area fault is fixed but you're still having problems, we may have to get the tech out in case it's an issue closer to home.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
WillH431
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

A message came back last night that the fault had been fixed. But still have no dial tone and phone does not ring!

0 Kudos
WillH431
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

Finally have a dial tone and phone is all working again. What ever they fixed last night has worked. Just took a few hours to kick in.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hiya again WillH431 😁

Thanks so much for your update, I am really glad we managed to get it resolved for you, the guys in the engineering sector are good eggs!

Please just keep an eye (or ear) on your line so if it happens again we can jump straight back in to assist you 🙂

Thanks again,

Happy New Year!

Megan_L

0 Kudos