Menu
DavidB003
Joining in
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Answering mobile calls on my home phone

Certain incoming calls from mobile numbers cut off as soon as answered, and we have to call back, other incoming mobile calls are OK.

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: Answering mobile calls on my home phone

HI DavidB003, can you perform a network search on the handset to see if anything changes. You could also try the sim in another handset to see if you are getting the same issue. ^CW

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

@Chris_W1 wrote:

HI DavidB003, can you perform a network search on the handset to see if anything changes. You could also try the sim in another handset to see if you are getting the same issue. ^CW

Erm! Landline phones don’t have SIM cards, nor can you do a network search on one 🙂, so the advice does not really help the OP.

I would have thought if some mobile calls are getting through then it is the calling parties mobile or network that is the issue.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
DavidB003
Joining in
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply.  I did not ask the question very well, I can answer the incoming mobile to landline call, but I cant hear caller, but caller can hear me.  I should have said this has happened since Virgin changed set up so that landline now connects via hub, this was done so V could avoid repairing a damaged cable outside house.

0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi David, 

Thank you for you reply and further details regarding the issue with your landline. 

As the phone is connected to the Hub, are you able to confirm if you are experiencing any issues with any other areas of the service?

Is the line into the hub secure with no damage?

Thanks

Nat
0 Kudos
DavidB003
Joining in
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

No other service issues and no damaged cables.
0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply and for checking 🙂 

Can you please confirm, are mobile calls that you are having problems receiving all from the same network?

It is quite unusual that only certain numbers are having problems when calling so we will need to do a bit of digging around this.

Thanks

Nat
0 Kudos
DavidB003
Joining in
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

It seems that mostly they are calls from Vodaphone users, but there is a least one calling landline that behave like this.

0 Kudos
Hetty_R
Forum Team Manager
Forum Team Manager
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi DavidB003, 

Thanks for confirming. 

Before we investigate this further would you be able to get the Vodafone mobile to call you and see what the pass rate is? 

It also be useful to see if any other mobile networks can get through, if possible we would ask you to  keep a note on the actual numbers, dates and times. 

Once you have that information please let us know and we will be able to raise an IT ticket to get this investigated further.

Let us know if you need any help with this. 

Many thanks, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos
DavidB003
Joining in
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Thanks.

What is 'pass rate'?  And how do I find it?

0 Kudos