Menu
Soggyoggy
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Answering Machine Not Working

I have recently discovered my telephone answering machine is not working. Worse still there seems to be a Voicemail service activated, so that people have been leaving messages on that, but there is no indication that any message has been left! Is the Voicemail overriding the answer machine? I have never asked for this service, don't know to access it and it doesn't notify me of calls. So, how do I switch it off, if it is the problem?

0 Kudos
goslow
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Answering Machine Not Working

It is likely that the pickup timing of the VM voicemail service is set to be quicker than the timing of your answering machine, so the VM voicemail is grabbing the call before your answering machine.

You should be able to tell if you have any VM voicemail waiting when you pick up the phone receiver you should hear a slightly different dialling tone (often described as a 'stuttered' tone).

If you don't want the VM voicemail then the VM forum staff should be able to turn it off for you.

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Soggyoggy, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm really sorry to hear that your answering machine isn't working. 

I am inclined to agree with goslow here and assume that the Voicemail service is cutting in before your answering machine. 

We can get this turned off for you though but in order to do so we will need to pass through data protection with you. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me via private message. 

As agreed I have removed the Voicemail feature from your account. Please let me know how it goes tomorrow by replying the thread here. 

If for any reason the answer machine doesn't ick in, you may need to look at setting it up again but fingers crossed there will be no need to do this. 

Hopefully this matter is now resolved but please let us know tomorrow 🙂

Take care and enjoy your weekend. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Soggyoggy
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Kath

Sorry not to have replied back to you sooner. Yes, the answer phone works perfectly now that Voicemail has been disabled.

Thanks again for your help.

Cheers

Andy Quinn

0 Kudos
Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Soggyoggy

That's great to hear and thank you so much for letting us know! 

Please don't hesitate to get back in touch should you need any further assistance. 

Thank you. 

Ash_C
Forum Team

0 Kudos