Menu
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Another one with no dial tone

I've read a couple posts from those who recently have the same issue as me. One of the other post said they have crackling on the phone which was what I also notice in the last month but didn't look into the issue as I thought the dial tone was still there.

Then since this month started a few people have said to me that they tried to call me and it was just ringing even though I have been working at home. Weirdly my cordless phone had the details of one of the missed calls, so I thought the issue was with my phone handset, not the line. I've called my home number a few times since and at the time the dial tone was there, then disappeared, then came back again, etc.

I've used the VM's 'run test' a couple times, the last was just before this post, and both times it was inconclusive. I've now bought a corded handset and again there is no dial tone, not even the crackling now. And I've also bought a new telephone wire and still no dial tone, and the socket box nearly came apart. 

I'd be grateful to get an appointment booked for someone to come by and take a look at it or/and the external telephone box which has had some occasional issues in the past.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Another one with no dial tone

Done another 'run test' on home phone today and it says it hasn't picked up a fault. I've still no dial tone. And I did send text to that other number to report the fault and so far, from that number and the above post, I've received nothing in response.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey there @myss,

Sorry to hear about the missed calls due to no dial tone. I've had a look and can see that the routing is fine so I've arranged an engineer to take a look as it may be a physical issue with the cable or cabinet. Please check your online account for the date and you may also re-arrange it to a more suitable time if required.

Please let us know how it goes 🙂

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I got an email today saying I had a response to this thread!!

As an update the appointment was last Wednesday am and the engineers arrived on time. The fault was outside my home and was linked to the cabling inside one of the cabinets near my home. The home phone is now fixed which was just as well as I took an important call the next day - so no doubt the caller had tried to call previously and just thought I had not put on my answer machine.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Great to hear this has been fixed for you.

If you have any further queries please don't hesitate to get back in touch with the community.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos