Menu
ammadub
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Another lost landline number!!

My brother moved out of the family house so we decided to transfer the line and broadband in my name. We decided to stay with Virgin Media to keep it simple as was confirmed with the sales agent.. "wont be an issue". 4 weeks later my mothers Doctor knocks on the door concerned our phone number has been disconnected (she is a Heart patient, diabetes, recentely recovering from Covid). Obviosuly, that was a shock as this is also the number for the hospital, all financial institutions etc for all of our family not to mention it had been in our family for 40 YEARS!!. I rang on the 3rd of December asking why hasnt anything happened to be told the job had incorrectly been changed to "complete" hence why I wasnt told. Furious still, I agreed to give it "10 days maximum" for the request to be put back in. I tried my number again.. still disconnected... After 2 hours of being passed from operator to operator a gent confirmed "sorry the numbers been lost to BT there's nothing we can do" He anticipated there was going to be a furious reaction and the call mysteriously disconnected just as I began to unload. I have since rang 15 times often being told "they dont understand the issue" or "i dont now which department you spoke to". Its absolutely vile the lies these guys spew just to tell you what you want to here then have the audacity to deny any responsibility. Its been over a week since Ive lodged the complaints and not had a single reply. This company is beyond anything ive dealt with before. Ive seen people have had this resolved but is there any realistic possibility this will be resolved? If so any tips would be very useful.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Another lost landline number!!

Hi Ammadub, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

I am very sorry to hear that there has been an issue with the landline number, this isn't good. 

It does sound like the number has gone back to BT, so this does mean we might not be able to get it back 

We can however have a look and see if anything can be done so I'll pop you a message now to grab the details and we'll take it from there. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
ammadub
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Another lost landline number!!

Ive not had a message.

0 Kudos