Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Another Request for help moving landline number

Can anyone help me? Under protest I agreed that my son could transfer his Uni VM broadband account to my house on the condition that the landline number was kept. This was agreed and the switch went ahead from Vodafone ..... but the landline switch has never happened! We have chased and last week were told 8 days wait. Today my son got a text to say the line has been disconnected, it can't be transferred and I have to just use my new VM landline number .... to say I am upset is an understatement. I have had my old number for nearly 30 years and everyone has it 😞

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Another Request for help moving landline number

did you cancel the old phone line. It MUST be active with no cancelation request for the port. If you have requested to cancel the number port will fail

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I am still a customer of Vodafone but not for broadband as we had to give a months notice but VM never requested the number be transferred until it was too late 😞

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Can I add that I have spoken to Vodafone and they said that its a BT Open reach line ... I have tried getting through to them but no joy.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

it can't be to late. as you shouldn't of requested the phone line to be canceled. it cancels when the number is ported.
If you asked vodafone to cancel it then that is why the port failed and you lost the number. the line must be active without a request to cancel

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

But we asked VM to port the number when the order was placed! They didn't do it! I am now holding to speak to Vodafone, my son was given the number for BT by VM but BT have said its not them its OpenReach and VM just need to ask them for the number .... I'm going around in circles getting no where, just more upset & frustrated. I was about to switch my mobile phone to VM, I won't now if this is the service you get. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello

In line with the rules of Ofcom landlines can only be ported when both lines are active, and the previous line in your case from Vodaphone doesn't have a cancellation order on it. One other thing to note that line ports can only happen within the same STD area.

What normally happens is once your Virginmedia line is active then the port will be be transferred over in 10 days and th the old Vodaphone line will be cancelled once the port has been completed.

Regards Mike

0 Kudos