cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I eligible for VoIP?

chocobogamer
Tuning in

Hey all

are any of the mods able to confirm if our account is eligible for the VoIP transition, and would it result in a new contract or is it a non-contract change please?

many thanks

5 REPLIES 5

goslow
Alessandro Volta

When requesting this, are you clear that the phone connection from the back of the hub is not actually a VOIP service in its present format? It's just a connection for a standard landline phone/service, delivered to the telephone socket on the back of the hub.

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi chocobogamer,

Thank you for your post. 

We can certainly look into this for you. I am unable to locate your account from your profile, so what I will do is private message you to get some details. 

^Martin

Yep @goslow but it's what Virgin commonly refer to it as so it's easier to say it as such 🙂

@chocobogamer wrote:

Yep @goslow but it's what Virgin commonly refer to it as so it's easier to say it as such 🙂

Just mentioned it because there have been some past topics where customers have bought a (real) VOIP phone to work with the VM (not real) VOIP service resulting in some confusion and disappointment all around!!

@goslow, I get that, and im extremely grateful for you double-checking 🙂 for me it's more convenient to have the phone coming out the router as I can have it with my desk so i'm not overly "fussed" over benefits, drawbacks etc