cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alarm system

mparfitt1
Joining in

If my alarm system is no longer compatible to the new phone system,what choices do I have?The cost of a new alarm system is very very expensive?Any advise?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

In what way is your alarm system incompatible?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

goslow
Alessandro Volta

In what way is your alarm system incompatible?

No sure, ADT just said it wasn’t

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Might be a good idea to find out from ADT what they think the issue will be. Might also be that ADT would simply like to sell you a new expensive alarm system rather than provide an alternative solution to deal with whatever the expected problem might be.

Usual issues seem to centre around the fact that the phone connection from the hub may not function in a power cut or when the broadband connection is down. A connection via mobile is usually put forward as an alternative, although my own recent experience during a power cut was that mobile services stopped working too, apart from text messaging.

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @mparfitt1, thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised.

If you can get more information from your alarm provider, this might help you to make a decision - all UK landlines are going to be conecting to the fibre network by 2025, although we're just a little ahead of the curve so most alarm companies should be prepared for this now.

If you haven't received a letter yet confirming the date we're going to switch you over, I'd advise waiting for this and then contacting us once you've got this and we can take you from there with the relevant steps. 

Many thanks

Tom_W

Thank you 

Hi @mparfitt1, you're very welcome!

All the best and take care.
Many thanks

Tom_W