Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Advice on upgrade please

I've got Talk More Evenings & Weekends £5 per month and Anytime 75 £3 per month, mainly to call mobile numbers which I'm having to call more nowadays during the day - had this since 2016.

I think I would be better off with Talk More Anytime £8 per month.

If so (I've been all over and I can't find specific answers), when I sign up for it:

a) is there an option to cancel the other 2 deals at the same time or is that done automatically?

b) will it cost me anything as a set up and / or cancellation fee?

c) when will it kick in i.e. if I do it today, will it start today?  

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Advice on upgrade please

Hi goldcrest,

So here are my answers for your questions:
a) is there an option to cancel the other 2 deals at the same time or is that done automatically?
Let the advisor know that this is your intention and they will take them off of your account.

b) will it cost me anything as a set up and / or cancellation fee?
If you are just changing the terms of your landline agreement then there should not be any additional charges for activation or set up.

c) when will it kick in i.e. if I do it today, will it start today?
Good answer is YES! Once you speak to one of our advisors that will be negotiated and set up on the day.

To have this changed it would be best to speak to one of out advisors by calling 150 from your landline. Please bare in mind that most of our call centres have been closed due to the Covid19 pandemic. We have temporary customer care agents in place which may be able to help. If not it may be worth persevering for now so that you can ensure you get to the right person.

That is my advise! I hope this helps!
Be safe and good day,
Steve
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Virgin Media Field Technician currently working from home. All and any advice given is based on my experience in the field. If my answer was helpful to you please Mark as helpful or consider leaving the post some Kudos.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you know you can get £50 off your bill for referring friends and family to Virgin Media? Want to know more? Just drop me a message!

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Advice on upgrade please

You've got a snowballs chance in hell of getting anywhere with Virgin. There might be one way, threaten to cancel your account, it has worked for some people in the past. I have been trying for weeks to do exactly what you would like to do, I'm paying more than my old Sky cost per month.

0 Kudos