Menu
Emmanewstead
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Additional charges

Every month I have been charged for additional charges. On investigation I found that the charges are for landline calls. However I have never used a landline and dont even own a landline phone. Now this is where it's almost comical. After further investigation through examining the bill and calling the landline number to my surprise my next-door neighbour answered the phone and all the other numbers listed were her family members mobile numbers. Now the frustrating bit. After numerous complaints and calls to Virgin and the promise of sending an engineer out this issue is still ongoing. Since virgin was installed at my property in 2018 I have had to pay in excess of £320 for additional charges. I have spoke with my neighbour regarding this and she is very happy with the free service she receives from virgin albeit at my expense. Please can anyone help me get this resolved as so far virgin have been more than happy to take payments from me but unwilling to resolve this issue.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team Manager
Forum Team Manager
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Additional charges

Hi there @Emmanewstead

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - so sorry to hear about your billing and telephone issue. 

From what you have described, this is called a Crossed Line - it's exactly what it says on the tin; your line is crossed with another line. Basically, when your neighbour is calling out, they're calling from your line and vice versa. 

It's usually a very simple fix with a free technician visit. Once they have confirmed the issue, we can then ensure that the correct credits are added to your account for you. Again, this is a simple and quick resolution so I am sorry that you seem to be struggling to get this sorted out. 

I have located your account from your forum information and have gone ahead and booked you a technician to start the ball rolling. You can check the date and time of the visit via your online account. You can also change or cancel the appointment via your online account if you need. 

Once the technician has been and resolved the crossed line, we can the look at your account, go through security and get your bills sorted out. 

Keep me posted. 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Emmanewstead
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks Katie for your help with this issue.

0 Kudos
Emmanewstead
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, although the engineer has resolved the crossed line issue, I was told to contact virgin media regarding a refund after liability was admitted via virgin's complaint resolutions. Contact was made after a very lengthy wait over the phone. The offer made was just one months additional charges to be refunded which is totally unacceptable. The additional charges have been made against my account since September 2018. So the offer of just one month refund is ridiculous. Very unhappy and getting nowhere.

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emmanewstead,

So I can look into this further I'll need a few details from you, I've popped you over a private message for this.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos