cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adaptor for landline

SBerry1
Joining in

Have received our adaptor however there's no way we can plug it in to the router where the phone line comes into our house as it's very low down on the wall. Help please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When the phone switchover happens the wall socket becomes redundant. The adaptor is to allow you to plug your phone directly into your internet hub. If you have extensions or want your wall socket to still be live you will need to arrange a technician to link the hub to the socket.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When the phone switchover happens the wall socket becomes redundant. The adaptor is to allow you to plug your phone directly into your internet hub. If you have extensions or want your wall socket to still be live you will need to arrange a technician to link the hub to the socket.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Client62
Legend

Here is an example of a BT style of phone connected to the Hub.

Client62_0-1676115542926.png

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @SBerry1 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here.

We are sorry for any confusion regarding the switch over and thank you to our community member nodrogd.

Has their explanation been able to clear things up for you or do you need any further information from us?