Menu
Monkey1903
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Adapter to connect landline phone to hub

My phone socket connector has stopped working and I can't get through to customer services as I've sat on my mobile on 3 separate occasions trying to book an engineer but each time the call has been disconnected after an hour.

I saw in this thread (https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Adapter-to-connect-landline-phone-to-new-hub-3-I-rec...) that the team have assisted with this problem previously and are able to have an adaptor sent out so I can use my Hub for my phone and so is someone able to help me with this or alternatively help with an engineer attending to repair the phone socket?

Many thanks

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Adapter to connect landline phone to hub

Hello

To be able to switch from the old copper cable too the new system of using the phone line through the hub will still need a engineer to come as they need to do a switch around in the cabinet and then supply the cable too use the hub, I am afraid that it cannot be done without this.

Normally the hub connection is only for new customer where it is available, and in some cases if there is a fault on the line but dependent if the cabinet you connect to has this feature.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Adapter to connect landline phone to hub

Hi @Monkey1903,

Thank you for posting on the Community Forums.

I'm really sorry to hear you're having problems with your phone socket connection has stopped working and that you have been cut off when calling to get some help with this. I appreciate this must have been quite frustrating.

I'm going to pop you over a PM so I can take some further details and look into this for you.

Please find my message over at the purple envelope.

Thanks!

Beth

0 Kudos