cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adapter not within reach of hub

Shens
Joining in

I've received the adapter for my phone line but my phone is in a different room to my adapter so won't reach. I think an engineer will need to visit. 

3 REPLIES 3

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Shens wrote:

I've received the adapter for my phone line but my phone is in a different room to my adapter so won't reach. I think an engineer will need to visit. 

Ask VM (via the VM forum team on here, when they reply to this topic) to modify your home phone wiring so you can use your existing landline extension sockets via the phone connection from the VM hub.

VM should offer to do this free of charge for you as part of the switchover process.

Make sure they make modifications to your phone wiring so you can keep each piece of equipment in the same place (rather than the offer which sometimes crops up on here to move the hub to a different location)

Refer here

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/landline/switchover

Do I need to book a technician visit?

You’ll need to book a free technician visit if...

• You rely on your landline for accessibility needs or don’t have a mobile to make an emergency call – we’ll provide you with an Emergency Back Up Line so you’re always able to call emergency services.
  • You’ve got connected devices such as a burglar alarm linked to a control centre, use a telecare device, or have other phones connected to extension sockets. You’ll need to contact your provider and let them know about the switch if you have any of these to make sure they’re compatible with a fibre service.
  • The Hub and your home phone can’t be placed near each other.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Shens 👋

Welcome back to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I would love to help you further with this so will pop you a PM now to confirm some details.

Hope to hear from you soon! 😊

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming the requested details via PM @Shens 
I've booked a technician for you to come out and get things sorted for you. You can find confirmation of the visit via your 👉 online account.

Let me know if there are any problems with the date or time and I can look to reschedule this for you. 

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can also do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Let us know how the visit goes! 😊

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs