Menu
goslow
Superstar
Message 11 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Adapter for landline to hub

@Shazzamma117 wrote:

Hm not really helpful...is there some sort of time scale by postcode? I'm the same as Brycie 32 landline hasn't worked for ages, to be honest not that bothered as anyone who wants us would call our mobiles - and Virgin have said it would be more expensive (even!) to remove it, but I thought the answer would be more comprehensive...

If you have a (non-working) phone line via a traditional wall socket then VM should repair that for you as a fault.

In quite a lot of topics on here, VM seem to do the conversion to a phone connection via the hub as an alternative to repairing the traditional landline connection.

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 12 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Shazzamma117,

I'm sorry for the confusion - it doesn't look like you are set up for VoiP landline services yet, so even if you did have the adapter and tried to plug the landline into the hub, you wouldn't receive a connection. 

However in answer to your question, we cannot send out these types of adapters sadly, but they can be purchased inexpensively online (they're called RJ11 adapters).  Goslow is correct though - in some cases we may offer to migrate you over to VoiP landline services as an alternative to fixing a fault with a traditional landline service.

I'll pop you over a PM now so I can arrange for an engineer visit for you landline as I can see that we're unable to make a connection to it.

Beth
0 Kudos
Shazzamma117
Joining in
Message 13 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thank you both 🙂

0 Kudos