Menu
vvp
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Account Password for phone support.

Hi I've been trying to get through to support in order to have my previous phone number ported over from BT, however they keep asking for a password which seems to be totally different from my virgin media account password and I dont remember ever setting such a password like that.

I'd really like to get this sorted soon because until this number gets ported over im still paying for BT, I'm quite unimpressed with Virgin at the moment because they assured me they would take care of all this without any need for me to get involved.

I'd appreciate any help from anyone.

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Account Password for phone support.

Good Afternoon vvp,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to see that there's been an issue with the porting of your landline number from BT.

We would ask for characters for a memorable word (this can also be stated as the password) to gain access to the account when passing data protection over the phone. 

This is unique to the memorable word you would use to log into your Community Forums profile, or My Virgin Media account. 

In the meantime, have you been able to speak to our team further in regards to the port? Can you tell me what date this is or was due to go through?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
vvp
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Account Password for phone support.

Hi thanks for your reply,
With regards to the "password" or memorable word for phone support I'm stuck because I genuinely dont remember setting one up, is there anyway I can reset it and create a new one.

In all my calls to Virgin support so far I have never managed to get through far enough to speak to an actual human so I havent been able to talk to anyone regarding the port, and when the option for text chat come up nobody ever actually texts me (happened three times) Its disappointing because I asked the guy four times to confirm that we could keep our existing landline number when we signed up for virgin.

As for the number porting we didn't receive any communication on when that would happen no emails or phone calls, we were told that Virgin would deal with every thing and that they would also take care of our transfer from BT both phone and broadband, which turned out to be a lie because we are still connected to BT aswell.

I understand that this is a difficult time but so far this experience has been terrible.

0 Kudos