cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to father-in-law's account

julespog
Joining in

Hi, my father-in-law is 92 years of age. The only Virgin Media service he subscribes to is his landline.

My father-in-law has asked us to contact Virgin Media, on his behalf, in order to discuss his account. 

We telephoned Virgin Media, and were asked to provide his security password.  My father-in-law can't recall what it is and we haven't a clue.  Consequently, they wouldn't deal with us.  However, they did say that they would send us a form, so that we could set up his account on line.  That was two weeks ago and we're still waiting.

Could you oblige please?  (Account no. removed )

Thank you.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

14 REPLIES 14

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi julespog 👋

Thanks for posting, and a warm welcome back to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you've had some trouble discussing your Father-In-Law's account. Due to our legal obligation for data protection, we wouldn't be able to discuss an account without clearly security - either your Father-In-Law would need to contact us to reset his password, or this can be done through My Virgin Media (which is the online account you've mentioned).

I've gone ahead and issued another letter to be sent to the address registered. This can take up to 5 working days via Royal Mail. We're also more than happy to do our best to help in the meantime, so if you're happy to discuss what you originally contacted us for, we'll certainly do what we can to assist.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi Reece,

Many thanks for your prompt response.  

I think we need to set up an online account for my father-in-law, so that we can deal with matters on his behalf more easily in the future.   I ask him to keep a look out for the letter. 

Many thanks.  

Hi Reece,

The post has just been delivered and it actually contained the letter that was allegedly sent to us 2 weeks ago.  This now gives me the memorable word.  Am I able to set up an online account now?

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi julespog 👋

Thanks for coming back to me on this. I'm glad to hear you've received the letter 😊 Unfortunately, I cannot cancel the one I have reissued, so you'll receive an identical one soon.

If you wish to set up an online account, you can do so, here. You will need some account details (these should be on the letter), and it will need to be setup in the Account Holder's name.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

That's brilliant.  Many thanks for your help.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

No worries at all, julespog.

Please do let us know if you need anything else, and we'll be more than happy to help out where we can.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

Hello again.   Apologies for coming back to you so quickly.  

I've tried to open an online account for my father-in-law, but it keeps telling me there's already one set up for his account (removed ) for the email address: removed   We've no idea who the email address belongs to and my father-in-law certainly hasn't done it.   Can this be changed?

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi julespog 👋

For your own security, and to prevent the Forum Guidelines from being broken, please refrain from posting personal information as the Mod Team may warn you, which can result in your Forums account being locked, which we wouldn't want.

In regard to the email you initially provided, this appears to be an automatically generated one from our system - this used to happen when you took a Virgin Media service out with us. Unfortunately, we're unable to make a change to the email over the Forums as you are not the Account Holder.

You will need to ask your Father-In-Law to get in touch with our team over the phone, using the letter that you've received. Once he has cleared security, he can then ask for you to speak on his behalf.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

Thanks Reece.  Apologies for the security breach.

The whole point of me trying to establish an on-line account for my father-in-law is because he isn't able to deal with such matters now.  He is 92-years of age and partially deaf.  How does Virgin Media expect him to telephone and sort this out?