Menu
Mightymj1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

ATS Path Fault

I have a house alarm and for the past week it has displayed an error message of ‘ATS Path Fault No ATS Available’.

I've contacted my alarm supplier who say this indicates a fault with the phone line (Google also suggests the same). My phone is working though - meaning it might be more of a technical issue with the phone line rather than an obvious telephone issue.

can anybody please offer some insight? 😀

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: ATS Path Fault

Afternoon @Migtymj1, 

Welcome to the forum page and thanks for posting this on here. 

Sorry to hear you're having some issues but we can certainly look into this for you. 

So just a couple of quick questions, how is your house alarm connected? Is it via wired or wireless connection? 

Is the alarm also connected to you phone, is this your mobile or landline?

Please do let us know. 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Mightymj1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello Sasha,

Thanks for your response.

The alarm is wired and connected to the landline. It doesn’t interact with the mobile.

Mathew

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying back to me, 

I have run some checks over your account and can see that there are some issues that could be causing this drop out. 

I have therefore, booked an engineer for you and have PM'd you over the details. 

However, if you wish to change or cancel this appointment, then you can via your virgin media account at your orders sections. 

If you do also have any further issues or queries, please feel free to pop back a message and we will be more than happy to help you. 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Mightymj1 wrote:

I have a house alarm and for the past week it has displayed an error message of ‘ATS Path Fault No ATS Available’.

<snip>

can anybody please offer some insight? 😀

A quick Google on your fault message suggests the alarm panel could be showing a fault which has already happened (in the past) and might since recovered from. Have you acknowledged/cleared the fault message on the panel and seen if it comes back again?

Other Google search returns mention the message may apply to various communication paths from the panel (such as mobile connections from the panel, broadband/wi-fi connections and landline). Does your panel only use the landline to dial out or does it have any other backup paths in case of landline failure?

Have you tested the phone socket where your alarm panel connects to see if it is working OK?

0 Kudos
Mightymj1
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for this - much appreciated.

Ive not received any message but I can see an appointment for tomorrow. 😀

0 Kudos
Mightymj1
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply.

Ive tried clearing the message but it won’t go, sadly. The alarm is only connected to the landline and everything else seems to be working fine.

0 Kudos