Menu
JEAN5546
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

AOT Phone take over

I have received a text this morning from BT. It isnt a scam call because Ive called them.

It reads as follows: Hello, BT here. Another customer wants to take over the phone line at your address on 2nd June 2020. Is this is wrong call us on 0800-500-288 before 12pm on 01 June 2020.

I have checked with BT and they have said that Virgin havent informed them of our contract, and that someone must be moving in locally and Virgin ( or BT ) are trying to give them our number. This would be a DISASTER because my husband is 82 and has cancer and we MUST have our landline for calls daily from hospital etc. BT have said I must call Virgin and quote the letters AOT, and they will sort it out, but I cant get through to them.

Any suggestions please?

0 Kudos
campo7
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: AOT Phone take over

Hi

Happy to have a look, can you provide me with the landline number and I will see if I can find anything out. 

please send detail by Private Message

I can’t promise I can resolve this. 

Here to help! I'm a manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
JEAN5546
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

How do I send a private message please
0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Click on campo7's name (in red) and then click on "send message" in the box that appears. You'll be taken to a form to enable you to do this.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

JEAN5546
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hello. I regret Im unable to understand how to contact you. Ive clicked on the Virgin Media symbol next to your name, but it doesnt allow me to do anything. I am 65, and all I wanted to do was sort this out. Im literally in tears here
0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Why are you clicking on the symbol. I said click on his NAME, in fact hover over his name (in red) and a gret box pos up. Click on send a message.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi @JEAN5546

I am so sorry that you're having some issues messaging one of the users above; before we go any further; can you confirm if you are a BT customer or a Virgin Media customer? 

Thank you

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
JEAN5546
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I am a Virgin Media customer.
Please take into account I am tech-savy, I am 65, and my husband aged 82 is seriously ill with cancer.
This is reducing me, literally, to tears
0 Kudos
JEAN5546
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

That should of said I am NOT tech savy!
0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Please do not worry yourself Jean - I know we can get this sorted and put your mind at ease. 

Thank you for confirming you are a customer with us - what I will do is send you a direct message myself (I am a staff member here so can access accounts and check for issues for you) I will send the message - please look out for a Purple Envelope in the top right of the community pages. 

Once you see the purple envelope - click it and you should be able to see my message to you. Once you have opened it, you can reply just like you are replying here but it will be in private so we can share details securely with each other. 

Hope to hear back from you soon. 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos