Menu
BruceWA
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

ANONYMOUS CALLER REJECTION

I have just yesterday had my New Virgin Broadband and Phone installed.  I believe the package I chose when I ordered it  for the phone included a call management and part of that package was Anonymous Caller Rejection.  I really do not want that as NHS services fit in to that bracket but I wanted the rest of the package.  Is there any way I can get Anonymouse Caller Rejection turned off without losing the resy of the Phone Package 

0 Kudos
HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: ANONYMOUS CALLER REJECTION

Yes - ring VM on 150 and ask for it to be turned off - select phone faults.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
BruceWA
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the 150 suggestion.  Have just tried that but it appears I have to give it a week before they can make any changes as it was only installed yesterday.  So will phone them again next week.  In the meantime will inform my brother who is ex directory he will need to use 1470 before our number if he wants to ring.

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post BruceWA and welcome to our community.

Can we please confirm the reason you were advised you would need to wait a week before putting through the landline feature change?

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
BruceWA
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Following the suggestion about ringing 150 I rang them and once I got through I was advised that because my installation was new, only installed on 6th October they could access the details to be able to change any settings/options till after 7 days.  So I guess I will try that next week

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear that, if you have any trouble getting through let us know and we can look into this over private message here. 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
BruceWA
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have waited a week plus since I rang Virgin media as suggested using 150.  The first time a day after installation I was told I would have to ring back after a week as with it being a new install it takes a week to get on the system for them to check.  Everything was installed on 6th October 10 days ago.

Rang 150 this afternoon but was told Anonymous Caller Rejection is not active on my account as it gave the agent the option to add it.  I was surprised as I thought it was part of the Manage My Privacy package I ordered.   Anyway despite what the agent told me.  Anonymous caller rejection would appear to be active on my line because if I dial the number from my EE mobile adding 141 in front of the number I get a voice message saying 'Sorry we have chosen not to receive these types of calls, to reach us just call back from a number which has not been withheld'   It strikes me that is anonymous caller rejection.

What can I do now.

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi BruceWA, I am sorry to hear that and would appear that this is on the account, I will send you a private message so that this can be looked at further for you. Chris.

0 Kudos
BruceWA
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

After some hopeful Private messaging from Chris it has ended up with Chris just repeating what I was told when I rang 150. System says it isnt on the phone but can be added for £2.50.    I dont want it added I want it removed.  I KNOW it is on, else why would I get the message 'We have chosen not to receive these types of messages to reach us please ring back on a phone which does not have the number withheld'   If that is NOT Anonymous Caller Rejection I do not know what is.

I am convinced it was added because I went for the MANAGE MY PHONE Package at installation

So What now.  Come on Virgin get your finger out.

0 Kudos
BruceWA
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Finally and no thanks to Virgin Media support who can only tell me 'System says Anonymous Caller rejection is not on your phone but can be added for £2.50 a month' and my knowing it must be on as when a phone which has it's number withheld tries to ring it they get the message 'We are sorry we have chosen not to receive these types of calls please call back from a phone which does not have it's number withheld'    So in a final desperate measure I again searched the internet for a solution finding on this very forum an article from Colin173 who said It’s *227# to switch on and #227# to switch off. This is not stated in any Virgin instructions.
Tried this on the Landline Handset and got the message 'Anonymous Caller Rejection is now off'  -   Tested it by withholding number and ringing the landline and hey presto it now shows 'Number withheld' on the landline display and the phone rings.

0 Kudos