Menu
Vpatel1
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

ADR and deadlock letter

I had a complaint logged with Virgin Media regarding automatic compensation for delayed repairs and missed engineer appointments.

Other then a letter from VM acknowledging the complaint I have heard nothing since.

How do I request a deadlock letter so I can raise it via the Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) scheme?

Thanks

Vick 

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: ADR and deadlock letter

Hello

When was the complaint logged ? as VM have upto 28 days to get it resolved as per https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/consumer-complaint-resolution-code-of-practice

"4. Independent adjudication

If we haven’t reached an agreed settlement within 8 weeks of receiving your complaint, or we agree in writing before the 8 weeks are up that the dispute should be settled by independent adjudication, we’ll send you a letter or email confirming that you have the right to refer your complaint for independent consideration through Alternative Dispute Resolution. This service is absolutely free of charge."

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Vpatel1
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike,

VM received my complaint on 31/07/2020 according to the letter I had.

Chased it up with them over the phone a couple times since the letter said they would close it if they didn't hear back from me within 28 days. The letter states that they tried to call me on the number they hold for me but I did not get any calls from VM. I didn't want the complaint to be closed without a resolution and the call centre each time just said someone was looking into it.

The call centre couldn't also clarify if/when VM had attempted to contact me over the phone to discuss the complaint. I made it clear over the phone that the complaint was still outstanding and the response was along the lines of 'we'll get back to you'.

Vick 

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Due to the nature of the query.

I have escalated to the VM forum team, one of the VM staff will be along in this thread to have a look at it for you.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Vick,

Thanks for posting on the Community Forum, I'm terribly sorry to hear that we've not done everything we can to provide a satisfactory resolution to your complaint in a timely manner, this really isn't the level of service we aim to provide at all.

I'd like to look into this for you and find out what's happened.. I've sent you over a private message, feel free to respond from there so I can look into this for you.

Kind regards,

Beth