Menu
CAROB99
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

ADAPTER TO COOECT PHONE TO ROUTER

On 7th May I received a letter from Virgin saying that my home phone would be switched to fibre on 12th May and without an adapter my phone service would not operate. The letter nor Virgin's website tells me how to get the item that is needed. The letter does refer to a website virginmedia.com/fibrehome that does not exist! All in all, this is a fine mess created by Virgin themselves. Can anyone help? Thanks for reading.

0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: ADAPTER TO COOECT PHONE TO ROUTER

Hi @CAROB99,

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thank you for posting. 

I have just taken a look at your account and can see the letter dated 7th May has been sent with some incorrect information so that can be disregarded. You will soon receive a new letter dated 8th May and an Email or SMS with instructions on how to order your adapter week commencing 10th May 2021. 

I do apologies for any confusion caused and do let us know how you get on 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Northstar-10
Just joined
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi we received similar letter on 7 May to advise us of phone upgrade on 19 May.  This is an appalling lack of notice for a major change like this and we'll need a technician visit.  Update: while typing this, I've just received a further letter by post this morning stating that the letter above was sent by mistake! and that the upgrade will happen in July!! As our hub is a long distance from our phone, we'll need a technician to visit but have no idea what the technician needs to do, can you please advise?.  Also have been unable to access the webpage virginmedia.com/fibrehome.  What on earth is going on?

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Northstar-10,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting. 

I am so sorry if you also received a similar letter that has caused some confusion. 

Again, having looked at your account, I can confirm the letter you received dated 7th May was sent with some incorrect information so please disregard this. The updated letter which you have received today has the correct details- your switchover will come into effect on the 22nd July and not 19th May 2021. 

We will be sending you further info week commencing 10th May via Email or SMS with instructions on how to order an adapter. 

If there are any issues and an engineer is needed for any reason we can look to book one for you nearer the time. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos