Menu
DavidT
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

9 weeks without a home phone

Sorry but a rant rather than a question.

9 weeks ago we "tried" to notify Virgin about a fault with our phone. We could dial out but if anyone phoned in it went straight to answerphone.   Despite waiting on the phone several times for an hour plus we could not get through to report the fault. Tried to report on line (give it a go a 10,000 piece jigsaw puzzle would be easier) you just go round and round in circles.  Sent a letter of complaint to Virgin with my mobile number as a contact..  Got an undated letter back, no phone number or email address to contact saying they were looking into it. 2 weeks later get another letter saying "we have tried to contact you" NO YOU HAVE NOT I have been waiting for your call!  If we don't hear from you in a few days we will assume you are happy and close the complaint! Eventually, several weeks later, by chance I happened on their website a link where you could  request an engineer.  Three days later the engineer arrived, said there was a fault with our wires and she would have to get them to "pull through a new cable OR I can put you on the phone through your hub IMMEDIATELY.  Yes please we said. Job done and off she went saying I will ring you in 15 minutes to check it is working okay.  Did she?  NO and it still was'nt working, no one could call in. Went on line again, engineer came out 2 days later and after 45 minutes admitted defeat.  I will have to esclate this he said. If you don't hear from anyone within 24 hours send me a text. Heard nothing so sent a text (twice) NOTHING! Read through the second letter again and it said if the matter is still not resolved then text us.  Sent them a text and then had a 6 hours wait to get a text back. FOURS HOURS of texting later was told sorry we cannot help you and NO we cannot get you connected to anyone else AND we CANNOT get anyone to ring you!  You will have to "join the q again"!   Have been constantly checking the phone to see if it was working and on one occasion there was a message from Virgin (ON THE PHONE THAT DOES NOT ACCEPT INCOMING CALLS) saying we have tried to get hold of you but you were not in.  No number or contact to call or anything.  YESTERDAY reached the end of my tether.  Waited 1hour and 6 minutes on the phone and got to speak to a "Human" yes, a real person (did;nt know they had any working at Virgin thought they only had ROBOTS!) After a 22 minute conversation going round in circles being told "we are working on it and no, YOU have to ring in to see what is happening we cannot call you" had enough and be asked to put through to disconnections. Spoke to a lady who was very keen to keep us "after 20 years with Virgin it would be a shame to see you go" but again, NO they cannot ring me back, I have to spend HOURS on the phone waiting to speak to someone to get nowhere.  In the end gave up and said "Oaky you have until midday monday to either sort this OR ring me back and tell me what is going on"  "But we cannot call you back"  WHY NOT VIRGIN?  WHY CAN YOU NOT CALL YOUR CUSTOMERS BACK, IS IT TOO MUCH TO ASK? WHAT EXACTLY ARE WE PAYING YOU FOR (APART FROM A SECOND RATE SERVICE). We are told if we have a problem to call customer service, WHAT CUSTOMER SERVICE I ask?  You don't know what customer service is. There will be plenty who say "if you are that unhapy just leave".  YES, I will but only once I have got the service I am paying for.  Rant Over!!!!

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 9 weeks without a home phone

Hello

I have escalated to the VM forum team, one of the VM staff will be along in this thread to have a look at it for you.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 9 weeks without a home phone

Hi DavidT, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are having issues with the landline service. I will send you a private message so that this can be looked into further for you. Chris. 

0 Kudos