Menu
soul1
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

60 minute rule on talk plans

Hi everyone, just to make you aware that the 60 minute rule still applies with VM if you are on a talk plan, e.g. Talk More Anytime. Redial after 59 minutes to avoid being charged. I got charged for being on the phone for over an hour calling a landline. Thankfully I managed to get a refund for the call as I could not see anywhere in the call charges info the 60 minute rule. However i have been assured that it is there in the fine print. Hope this helps 🙂

Started with Bell Cablemedia in the early 90's and now with Virgin Media. How time flies...
0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: 60 minute rule on talk plans

Hello

If you have a look under https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/phone/compare and down the page where it says "Show Info" it quite clearly says "Calls over 60 minutes will be charged at standard rates, except for calls to mobiles which will be charged at 5p per minute. Re-dial before 60 minutes to avoid call charges."

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
soul1
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike, thanks for your helpful reply and link. Having had a look at it, the 60 minute rule is only mentioned in the Talk More International Anytime show info bar and not mentioned at all in the other talk plans show info on that page. That's why I could not find it! I think VM need to update that page as a matter of urgency so that all the talk plans listed have the 60 minute rule listed in the show info bar.

Started with Bell Cablemedia in the early 90's and now with Virgin Media. How time flies...
0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Okay I will escalate the website corrections to Virginmedia.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello

This is now being dealt with and should be corrected in a few days. Thank you for bring this to the forums notice.

Regards Mike

soul1
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mike 🙂

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Just checked and now the page has been corrected. Have a great day and stay safe.

Regards Mike

0 Kudos