Menu
andypratt182
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

6 months after joining and still cannot receive calls

As title, I joined Virgin on 17th June this year for broadband and home phone, had a bit of hassle getting my BT number ported but it was eventually done and since then I have been unable to receive calls from some networks. I can't receive calls from Vodafone, O2 or BT landlines. My friend on EE can always get through, I'm on Vodafone and any time I call my landline I get 'invalid number. I've tried from different phones and networks with the same result.

I have lodged 2 separate complaints and after no response for weeks I received a letter saying they were unable to contact me so would assume my complaint was resolved unless I got in touch but there were no specific contact details.

I have phoned continually for the last 6 months and every time I have to hold for around an hour then either just get cut off or get someone on the other end of the phone who will not listen, every time I must restart my hub, wait for them to carry out checks then get transferred to someone else to start all over again.

I had an engineer out 21st October who said it was a waste of his and my time as the problem was that my number had only been half transferred, he said it was a routing problem and that his manager would contact me the following day to confirm the problem was fixed. I'm still waiting on that phone call, I did however receive and email to say my problem had been fixed, thus ending my automatic compensation after 6 days.... 6 days for 6 months of no phone.

I have also been using the message us section of the app and had absolutely nothing but rubbish, Kuttana told me on the 10th December he had fixed it and to wait a few days.... still the same.

Please can anyone help.

Thanks Andy

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: 6 months after joining and still cannot receive calls

Thanks for the post Andypratt182 and sorry for the complications. 

Is your telephone handset plugged into the wall or the Hub socket? 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
andypratt182
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply Emily, phone is plugged into the hub socket. The engineer did say there wasn't a problem at my house but it was at Virgin's end, not sure how a number can half transfer but thats what he said

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi andypratt182,

Unfortunately the diagnostics indicate it's coming from the equipment, previous checks also show it's isn't a port error. I can only advise booking another visit. Which I have done, here

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
andypratt182
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks very much for your help Corey, could there possibly be more than one thing going on here because I've just sat here with 3 mobiles, one is EE and 2 are Vodafone, I've rang my landline number from the mobile thats on the EE 8 times and it rang every time, tried it from 2 different Vodafone mobiles and and soon as I hit call I get 'number not valid', and when I ring it from a BT landline I get a message saying 'please check the number and try again', surely if it was a hardware fault nothing would get through or I'd get a number engaged message as opposed to number not valid.

Is there a way to just be assigned a new landline number

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying, andypratt182,

I'll see what other alternatives we have. I'll update you once I receive an update.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi andypratt182,

I can get the number changed however this will terminate the current number you have and port will cancel meaning the number goes back to the original provider. The change can take 24-48 hours.  If you want to track where the fault lies then it  may require another engineer dispatch or it can get sent to our 3rd line faults team for landlines, but I do not have a timescale on that.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
andypratt182
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks very much for all your help Corey,

Would you be able to go ahead with the number change, at this point I'm not really fussed about keeping the number I have anyway.

The last engineer did say taking a new number from Virgin would probably fix the problem.

Thanks very much and have a great festive period too.

Andy

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You're welcome Andy,

I'll tell the team to go forward with a number change, please allow 24-48 hours for the change to take effect.

Happy Holidays,

Corey C

andypratt182
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks very much for your help Corey, number has changed and I can receive calls again!!!

Thanks Andy

0 Kudos