Menu
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 21 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Re: 50% of the time when the phone rings the caller can hear me, but I cannot hear them

Hi nasussenoj,

Sorry to hear about your landline issue, may I ask if you can create a new thread and give us more details about it such as whether it's affecting all calls from landlines and mobiles or just certain ones? Also please tell us what you've tried such as different handsets. I ask for a different thread so it's easier for us to focus on yours specifically.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 22 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Re: 50% of the time when the phone rings the caller can hear me, but I cannot hear them

Hi Lisa,

If I am cynical, I would say that you have asked nasussenoj to send you a private message as you don't want all the people who have the problem to gang up on Virgin Media!

I have had the problem for about 6 months now and I am not alone. One of the network Engineers told me he knew of 4 cases that had been reported in just Hertfordshire alone.

Please don't brush it under the carpet. You are not answering my questions. What choice do I have besides going to OFCOM?

Br

John

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 23 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Hi KiamaraKid

I've contacted Lisa for you as I can see she's dealing with the field manager regarding your case.

She'll be in touch asap

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 24 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Hi John,

I try to reply to all posters needing help on a thread and I apologise that I don't have any useful update for you on Saturday. I have been chasing the Area Field Manager for an update on this but I've not had an answer. In the meantime there is a ticket raised (F008252885) and our Second Line Faults are also looking into this. We're waiting on our Switch/Telephony engineers to come back to us to check the routing.

I apologise that it's taking us time to get this resolved and want to thank you for your continued patience on this.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 25 of 29
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I am pleased (in a way) but at the same time frustrated that someone else has reported this issue as well as me. I first raised this in March, I've had several conversations with VM and got nowhere. At one time I was asked for timings of instances and which provider the caller used - all this information was handed over. I was told this would be escalated to some higher level in Holland, but nothing happened.

Each time I call VM they are insistent it is the handset. Initially, we had old Seimens dect phones so I bought a new set of Gigaset phones - still had the problem. A few weeks ago I had another VM person saying it must be the handset, so I bought a simple corded phone (i thought about one with a dial on it but decided that was going too far). At the moment this is the only phone on the VM network we use in the house and we still have the problem. Unfortunately, this is one of those frustrating faults which does not happen every time, so if an engineer were to come around, guess what would happen.

For anyone interested I found the following link http://info.teledynamics.com/blog/how-to-resolve-one-way-or-no-way-audio-on-voip-calls

which VM themselves might want to read. I am not suggesting this is the answer but it seems awfully familiar. The main thrust of the article is that providers are not moving from IPv4 to IPv6 fast enough. (These are key protocols used on the internet.).

I wish you all good luck with this one. I shall have to spend another couple of hours talking to VM again in the next day or so.

Dave

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 26 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave, Thanks for your post and useful link too. Perhaps we victims of Virgin should get together electronically, so we can focus their attention? If you agree the we should share email addresses.
John
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 27 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisa,

How long does it take to get in touch with a Network Engineer? 6 months to solve a problem is somewhat unacceptable! My contact with Virgin is coming up for renewal soon, it makes me think.

Please don't respond with 'We thank you for your patience' . I am quickly running out of it.

John

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 28 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Me again! I started another thread, as suggested by Lisa_CC, Under the heading (Can’t hear incoming calls from a friend (both Virgin customers) and received a reply from John_GS of the Forum Team. I also completed a complaint form and sent that off. 

A technician called at my home on Monday and, by chance, a technician called at my friend’s at the same time by appointment. The two technicians then saw the problem for themselves and spent some time discussing it. The problem seems to be unusual, but not unknown. When they left, they seemed to agree that the problem was either at one of the exchanges or in a cabinet/green box and they said it would be followed up. We were also told we would be kept informed.

5 days later, we have heard nothing and still have the problem. I know this isn’t March, but it is still annoying enough. If I phone my friend, all is OK. If he phones me, he can hear me, but I can’t hear him. Number display works, the ring works ..... so ??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 29 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Hi nasussenoj,

I'm sorry to hear you've not had an update, 

I can see there is another engineer visit arranged for this, I'm sorry if you weren't advised of this.

You can check the time and date of your appointment via your online account here

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos