Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 29
Flag for a moderator

50% of the time when the phone rings the caller can hear me, but I cannot hear them

Virgin has a problem, this is not a problem with my phone as I bought a new one and it still does it.

When a caller phones, the phone rings, I answer it and they can usually hear me, often I cannot hear them.

Today I had a call from another Virgin Media customer and when I answered the phone neither of us could hear each other.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Re: 50% of the time when the phone rings the caller can hear me, but I cannot hear them

Hi there my name is Pawan Paul I am a virgin media technician

The easiest way to get a hold of someone is to message our first-line support on our live online chat. They are the best chance of getting someone to fix this issue.

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Re: 50% of the time when the phone rings the caller can hear me, but I cannot hear them

That sounds good, but how do I get a chat box to appear?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 29
Flag for a moderator

If you can be heard by the other person but you can't hear them, or vice versa, it is usually a telephone problem as the sound is carried down the same wires, if it can reach in one direction, it can usually reach in the other.  I know you have tried a new phone, but can you try another? perhaps borrow a known working one?

This applies for normal phone connections, not VOIP phones which use the broadband, in which case resetting may help.

if you need to contact support send a brief text with your issue to 07533051809 and someone will call you back.

______________________________________________________________________________________

All and any advice given is based on my experience in the field. If my answer was helpful to you please Mark as helpful or consider leaving the post some Kudos.

Fancy £50 off your bill? Ask me how and you might just get it!

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Hi, yes I have tried a different phone, in fact that increases the annoyance as I had to buy one. It seems that Customer service always find it is the customer's fault and will not admit that they are at fault.I can't be the only person to have this problem.

John

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Hi KiamaraKid,

Sorry to hear about your landline issue and can imagine it to be quite frustrating for you.

Can I ask when the problem appeared? Has it always been like this or just recently?

Can you also confirm that it doesn't matter whether the calls received are from Virgin Media landlines or non Virgin Media landlines? Also does it happen on 100% of the calls?

Also are your outgoing calls affected by this? Please give us more details so we can try and pin point where the issue is e.g. whether it's the routing or switch for example.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 29
Flag for a moderator

The problem has been around for months, it happens like this:

- Our phone rings as an incoming call is coming

- We answer, but cannot hear anyone.

- It turns out that they can usually hear us but not always

- We hang up and they redial

- Again when we answer they may not hear us

- It happens with all sorts of calls Virgin media mobiles and overseas calls

- Usually outgoing calls are OK, although sometimes they report it as a bit crackly

Need more ifo?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. I'm going to send you a Private Message so I can get some more details from you so I can see if our Telephony Faults Team can take a look. Please reply back to it so I can help.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisa, Did you send me a private message? I did not receive one. Had another instance today when someone with a BT phone phoned me, they could hear me, but I could not hear them.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 29
Flag for a moderator

I'm sorry, I thought I had sent it. Please check your Private Messages.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos