cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 engineers have failed to turn up.

TIM_T
Tuning in

Last week I realised that our landline phone was not ringing and when I called it from my mobile I got the ringing tone but the phones in the house did not ring.

After spending well over an hour on the phone to VM support carrying out all the tests and checks they requested they told me they had booked an engineer for the following day. He did not turn up.

When I called again, again over an hour doing the same checks, I was told another engineer had been book. This one I was later told had been cancelled by VM as they had found a network fault which, even though they said they had rectified it, still did not fix our problem.

So I contacted VM yet again and an engineer was booked to come round yesterday between 4-7pm. He did not turn up either and I have not received any communication from VM.

I have since discovered that an elderly neighbour, a 90 year old lady who lives on her own, is also having the same issue with her landline, which is a concern for her daughter who lives some miles away and now cannot contact her mother, Surely this lady must be classed as vulnerable and therefore VM have a moral obligation to make her a high priority.

As both my neighbour and I are suffering the same fault it is clearly not an issue in the houses but with the VM network, and I suspect probably deliberate on VM part to force people to switch over to their internet phone service. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Telewestrefugee
On our wavelength

Hi TIM_T

I believe it is a deliberate strategy by VM. The engineer who came to our area seemed very shifty when I asked him if it was a network problem. We pointed out to him that the whole street had lost their landlines at the same time, but he insisted the only option was to fit a VOIP phone.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @TIM_T 

Thanks for the update on this, could you please send to Ayisha in a private message so that she can respond to it for the next stages.

Thanks

Sabrina

I messaged Ayisha on Wednesday evening after the engineer failed to turn up and I tagged her in on the message I sent on Thursday but I haven’t received any reply.

Hi @TIM_T 

She is currently out of office and will be in over the weekend. But in the meantime let me have a look into this for you. It would be in a private message and we would need to go through Data Protection again. I shall send you a message now.

Sabrina

Telewestrefugee
On our wavelength

Hi TIM_T

I believe it is a deliberate strategy by VM. The engineer who came to our area seemed very shifty when I asked him if it was a network problem. We pointed out to him that the whole street had lost their landlines at the same time, but he insisted the only option was to fit a VOIP phone.