cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd wi-fi enabled landline phone in home?

phatley71
Joining in

A Virgin Media engineer recently visited my elderly mother's house and set up her landline phone so that it works directly via the Hub, rather than using the old wall socket. That works fine, but the additional landline phone in her bedroom (also connected into wall socket) no longer works. She was advised to buy a 'wi-fi enabled' landline phone to have in her room but I don't know where to get one of these or how it will work. Can someone please advise?

6 REPLIES 6

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It’s been set up incorrectly. All landline phones should still work via the VM hub. You need a technician back to rectify. Best to wait for a VM staff member to get to your post in 2 or 3 days and they will be able to arrange another technician’s visit. By the way, the WiFi enabled phone is just bu******.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @phatley71 👋,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I will be more than happy to take a closer look into getting another technician visit booked to get this sorted.

Will pop you a PM 📩 now. 

Speak to you soon!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Client62
Hero

I suspect the engineer was referring to a normal Cordless phone where the base unit connects to the Hub and the additional handsets can then be placed where needed. We have a BT cordless phone used like this.

See if the existing telephone wall sockets can be reconnected before spending any more money on new Cordless phones.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming the requested details via PM @phatley71 

I've booked a technician for you to come out and have a look into the issue. You can find confirmation of the visit via the 👉 online account.

Please let me know if there are any problems with the date or time and I can look to reschedule this. In regards to the appointment there are some details you need to know about. There will be no charge for this visit unless:

•The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can also do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to the account on the day of the appointment.

Let us know how the visit goes!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

phatley71
Joining in

Thanks for sorting!

My pleasure. 

Have a lovely weekend! 🌞

Ayisha_B
Forum Team