Menu
Toppington
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

2nd Phone line

I am moving out of my home to live with a friend, they don't currently have an internet provider so I am transferring mine to their address. My package also includes the phone line. My issue now is I didn't take into account they already have BT providing their home phone. I don't actually use a home phone I just have it because the deal works out cheaper with one. I was wondering if it was possible to have my virgin phone line installed and unused like I do here whilst they keep their phone with BT as well, or will they have to cancel their contract with BT?

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: 2nd Phone line

virgin media do not use the BT network at all
0 Kudos
Toppington
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Okay, thanks for the reply, at the risk of sounding stupid, that means there shouldn't be an issue then, right? He can keep whatever service he has in place unaffected?

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

nope VM will install there own lines. they will not affect any bt services
Lisa_CC
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Toppington, 

Happy to hear you wish to move your services with you. To clarify, it would mean a Virgin Media install with our own cabling and the BT existing cables and sockets wouldn't be touched. In the end, you may end up having two telephone lines at the house, one with ourselves and the other with BT.

Let us know if you have anymore queries 🙂

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos