Menu
TCDarley
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

22nd week and counting

Hi

On the 28th May our Virgin service cable was damaged. We have had over 6 technicians call to replace our service since then This is now complete however the old cable is still coiled up in our garden and needs disconnecting and removing. I have just gone through your online help page for faulty phones which is pretty useless. I have just come of the phone queuing for 38 minutes only for Rob to cut the call after saying hello. I have wasted too much of my life trying to contact you. I managed to book a technician visit this Friday only for your system to fail and informed me contact you. Please just get in touch or after 12-15 years I will leave Virgin.  

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: 22nd week and counting

Hi TCDarley,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry the cabling has been left in the garden and you've been unable to get through to us, I've emailed the area manager to arrange for someone to come and remove this for you.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
TCDarley
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alex_RM

Thanks for replying but I actually forgot to include my main concern which is our landline has not been working for over a week. I've tried your on line tools but that has not solved it. 

Regards Tim 

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tim,

Sorry to hear you're having some issues with the line,

I've been through diagnostics and looks like a technician is needed, I've booked this for you, and you can view the time and date of your appointment via your online account here

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
TCDarley
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alex

Your technicians called on on the 8th of October to repair our phone line, unfortunately I wasn't at home and they left a message to say it has been repaired. On Saturday I pulled the old cable to move it assuming after seven visits by your engineers the broadband, TV and phone line had been transferred onto the new service. When 'I went back into the house to check we had lost our broadband and TV. Therefore it appears after all these visits the phone line is coming in via the new service and and the broadband and TV is still coming through via the old service. I couldn't make this up if I tried. Again I tried calling your fault number but after selecting all options it eventually cuts your off. I therefore tried your leaving virgin option and after 10 minutes I got through to a call taker. He was very helpful and polite but couldn't help and had no option but to transfer me through to faults. after 45 minutes again I eventually got through and the operator has arranged an engineer to call on Monday the 26th October (2 weeks away) I have now found that not all our TV channels are working so there is obviously another fault on our system somewhere. I will now have to call again to get this sorted unless this is something you can arranges 2 weeks is too long.

Regards Tim 

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Good morning @TCDarley 

I am sorry to hear that you have had these issues, I have had a quick look into this, I agree that the 26th is a long time away, I have rebooked this for the 20th between 8am and 12. 

How are things looking with your TV services? Did you manage to get this sorted via a phone call. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M 

0 Kudos