Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it possible to change my landline to 21CV

23 REPLIES 23

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi mbks1981, 

Thanks for your post and questions around 21CV. 

If you're currently connected through the socket in the wall then eventually you will be moved over to 21CV once it's all up and running in your area. 

Once it is, you'll receive a letter/email advising you of the date we're moving you over. This will be a few weeks in advance so you'll have time to sort out anything that needs sorting such as needing an adapter or engineer visit for extensions. 

You can view more on the home switchover here

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi thanks for that I’ve read all this and refuse to have to pay 99 to have my socket moved as we want to swap rooms where the tv and phone are and the tv socket in that room works but for some strange reason the landline socket doesn’t any ideas as it used to work all the sockets in the house used too

Hi mbks1981, 

Thanks for coming back to us. 

If you're looking at moving your equipment then the charge is now £25. It's no longer £99. 

If you would like to arrange this then let us know and we can do this via the Forum for you. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Anonymous
Not applicable

But why should I pay when they worked before and now they don’t this is madness like I say the tv socket works in that room yet the phone line socket next to it doesn’t for some reason yet it used too 

Hi mbks1981, 

Thanks for coming back to us again. 

The socket that the phone is currently plugged in to - is this working and is this where the landline was originally installed? 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Anonymous
Not applicable

The phone line socket it’s in now is one we had when we moved ages ago yet the one in the other room used to be the main one and always works prior and when I went to check everything the other day the tv/bb socket is all ok but the phone socket is dead and no idea why as when it was moved I stressed to the engineer I wanted to make sure they both worked yet the one upstairs which is a 3rd socket doesn’t need to work and that one doesn’t and neither does the main one by the looks of it I just don’t see why I have to pay for this when I didn’t asked for it to be done this way In first place 

Hi mbks1981, 

Thanks for sticking with us on this. 

Based on what you've said, the engineer moved the services to another room. This means that the main socket is now the one that the landline is currently plugged in to and working. 

As it is working and you are receiving the landline service, should you want to move the landline to another room, the £25 charge would apply I'm afraid. 

There is nothing we can do regarding this. 

Apologies. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow so the engineer didn’t do as I asked and no I have to pay another complaint to put in just a joke really 

Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the time line for the area I’m in to be upgraded