cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

21CN Switchover today: Hub says telephony disabled

daveo77
Dialled in

My switchover date from old phone line to phone via Hub is today (27th September).

I have connected adapter to Hub 3 (Line 1) and then plugged in extension cable to phone.

No dialtone on phone and Hub says telephony service is disabled, even tho I have rebooted the Hub at various times throughout the day.

VM only booked a tech for tomorrow AM, but was wondering why it can't be sorted their end, as it just looks like the enablement hasn't been done on the Hub. They did say the switchover has occurred on my account tho.

Any ideas, as I have no phone line now until this is hopefully resolved ?

8 REPLIES 8

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi daveo77, 

Thank you for your post and sorry you have been having issues with your migration.

How is it looking since your post? It can take up to 24 hours.
Please pop back and let us know

Zoie

daveo77
Dialled in

Still not working, even after another hub reboot.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Sorry to hear this daveo77, 

I can certainly take a look into this for you, and see what is happening.

I will pop you over a PM to take a look 🙂 
Zoie

daveo77
Dialled in

I have replied to your PM

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for messaging with me daveo77, Please keep us posted on how you get on with your visit.

Zoie

daveo77
Dialled in

Finally got it all sorted and it's now working.

Engineer even said that this could of been sorted over the phone, rather than having to have an engineer visit.

Hi Daveo77, how did this get resolved. I am trying to connect my landline to my Hub 4. I have tried an adapter and an actual single phone line and still have "Check Phone Line" on the handset. I have called VM numerous times as the Hub 4 settings says "Telephone (Disabled) and read on the forums that VM can enable remotely. I wouldn't want an engineer to arrive to tell me that this is a simple click of a button on VM's end remotely in order to enable. If you could please guide me that would be much appreciated. Thanks

Hi Tom_ash30,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your landline looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you. 

I can see that you may have already got an engineer booked for this actually, could you confirm if this is right?

In any case, an engineer visit would probably be the best course of action in this situation as the home phone switchover should go through in 24 hours on the day of the migration, if it doesn't there isn't much we can do on our side remotely. 

Thanks,

Megan_L