Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

2 phone lines

I currently have one outlet for a home phone but require 2 lines, do I have to find an adapter or is this something virgin will come out and replace/ help with? Thanks in advance

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: 2 phone lines

As far as I know it isn't possible to split a single phone line into two separate lines with different numbers.

You would need to get a second line installed.  A mobile phone may be a cheaper option than a second line.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I’m trying to have them split but both same number

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

In which case, yes you just need an adaptor.  Or get a multi handset cordless phone set.

This is a typical splitter from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000WB9R3I/ref=cm_sw_r_apa_i_MXCNEbA9MVHH8

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If it is a second line (eg business line) with different number required, that would be an extra service and would require installation.

If you wish to have the same number but more than one socket point that could be arranged through virgin, again this would require some installation to fit  new cabling to the new phone extension socket. This is the best course of action if you have or want to use analogue telephone systems, it also ensures the integrity of your internal cabling if it fitted by an engineer. However i do have to say this type of installation would be postponed at present to a future date due to the ongoing conditions.

The previous advice given to you regarding a splitter at the master socket and wiring to 2nd line is sound but depends on how far away you would like your second phone point from the master socket. It could involve extensive cabling internally with non standard wire.

The previous advice given to you in regard to handsfree cordless digital phones is also sound. as long as the master phone base is plugged into our master socket you can add as many slave phones in different areas of the property as you require.

Hope this helps

Dom

Virgin Media Field Technician working from home

If you found my response useful, please give me a thumbs up!

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Do you know where I can get the specific splitter, as I’ve tried a standard one but doesn’t fit, must be certain kind for virgin lines, can’t seem to find them

0 Kudos