Menu
Nowtv
Dialled in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Can the amount of rings be adjusted, before my voicemail answers? I have rung up a couple of times, to be told it cannot.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: 1571

The forum team should be able to arrange to change the voicemail ringing setup for you.

The ringing limits seem to be ...

from the 'Phone user guide' PDF link here

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/services-support/home-phone

on page 4 it says

Changing the number of rings
Your phone will ring 10 times before diverting to voicemail.
You can reduce the number of rings. Just give us a call to set this up.

'Not ringing for long enough' link here

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/home-phone-voicemail

says 10 rings is the max. and the default may be 3 in some areas.

One ringing cycle (ring-ring-pause) lasts about 3 seconds, I think.

Wait for a forum team member to pick up with further advice (usually takes a few days).

Nowtv
Dialled in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nowtv,

Thanks for posting on the community forums.

I can see that you were able to speak with our customer services team last night in regards to the extending the ring time, what was advised?

I have checked and your ring time is set to last 30 seconds which is the highest it can go, I'm afraid. So it's not possible for us to extend it any further.

Beth

0 Kudos
Nowtv
Dialled in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@Beth_G wrote:

Hi Nowtv,

Thanks for posting on the community forums.

I can see that you were able to speak with our customer services team last night in regards to the extending the ring time, what was advised?

I have checked and your ring time is set to last 30 seconds which is the highest it can go, I'm afraid. So it's not possible for us to extend it any further.

Beth

Thanks for replying.  It was not sorted, but been in contact and she is reducing it to 6 rings.  If I can give feedback here.  I am with BT as well, I have 2 telephone lines and BB as very reliant on them, so if one goes down, got the other working.  BT have brought their customer service over here in the U.K. and Ireland, which works much better, as I can understand them and they can understand me.  Before I recently joined with you, with my BB and telephone, I use to be with you before, for some 17 years.  Since I was with you before, I have noticed, even though mostly I get overseas customer service, and I am hard off hearing, I have mostly understood the other person on the phone, I would say that has improved, but they don’t understand me very well.  I hope one day, Virgin Media will bring all their customer service to the U.K. and Ireland.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nowtv,

Thanks for coming back to me, although I am sorry to hear the team weren't able to help when you initially called. 

We do really value your feedback and I assure you it will be passed on through the business, I can understand it can be really frustrating when you're unable to understand the other person when trying to discuss your issue to them.

If you need anything else from us from here, you're more than welcome to post below and we'll be more than happy to assist further.

Beth

Nowtv
Dialled in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@Beth_G wrote:

Hi Nowtv,

Thanks for coming back to me, although I am sorry to hear the team weren't able to help when you initially called. 

We do really value your feedback and I assure you it will be passed on through the business, I can understand it can be really frustrating when you're unable to understand the other person when trying to discuss your issue to them.

If you need anything else from us from here, you're more than welcome to post below and we'll be more than happy to assist further.

Beth

I have checked and it still is on 10 rings before it goes into the voicemail.  Can you get this lowered to 8 or if you cannot lower it to 8, 6 rings will also do.  Many thanks.

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hey Nowtv,

I can see that you spoke to us yesterday on the phone and the team have now got this changed to 6 rings for you.

Please could you give your landline a call and let me know if this hasn't been actioned.

Regards

Steven_L

Nowtv
Dialled in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@Steven_L wrote:

Hey Nowtv,

I can see that you spoke to us yesterday on the phone and the team have now got this changed to 6 rings for you.

Please could you give your landline a call and let me know if this hasn't been actioned.

Regards

Steven_L

It has been altered to six rings this morning.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Glad to hear that its sorted for you now 🙂

Please get in touch with us, if you have any further issues.

Regards

Steven_L