cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1571 intermittent tone

Shoegal74
Joining in

Hi,

I have an intermittent break in dial tone as if I have an anwerphone message but when I ring 1571 there is no message. This has been there constantly since starting my service with Virgin in August. Is there any way to stop it?

At this rate I will never know if I actually do have a new message.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Shoegal74 👋

Thanks for posting, and a warm welcome back to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing an intermittent dial tone. Please be aware that the steps I'm going to provide will affect your saved Voicemails, and these will be lost. So, it's best to record them using another device such as a Mobile device, if you wish to keep them.

To identify whether this is a Voicemail-specific issue, can you please try dialling 1571 and selecting Option 3. You should then be presented with the option to delete the Voicemails, this should again be Option 3. 

Once deleted, please just hang up and the dial tone should be back to normal.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Chris115
Joining in

Hi there, I am having the same problem. I have deleted all the messages, new and saved, but the dial tone is still intermittent, indicating a new message. It is not only a bit irritating, it also makes it impossible to tell whether there genuinely is a new message without calling up the voicemail service. Any tips?

Hello Chris115.

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.
Sorry to hear you are also having an issue with the voicemail dial tone.
I'd like to take a look into this for you.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check your logo at the  top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L