Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

1571 intermittent dial tone but no messages

I reported the constant intermittent dial tone to Virgin Media a few weeks ago using 150 from my home phone.  It's intermittent whether or not we have a Voicemail message.  It doesn't stop us using the phone - we can still make and receive calls - however it is extremely annoying that we cannot trust the dial tone to tell us if we have a Voicemail message or not, so every time we finish a call or return to the house we have to dial 1571 to do a full check for Voicemail messages.  After originally reporting the problem I had numerous call backs from overseas and UK 2nd line technical teams who tried various things, including resetting the Voicemail, but none of these things worked.  They then suggested an engineers visit which took place last week.  He came out and also couldn't fix it.  He even went to the cabinet and switched our number to a new line, but that didn't resolve it either.  

After Googling the problem, it seems there are other VM customers with the same problem, so I fail to understand why VM haven't yet resolved this?  

Also, presumably because the engineer moved our number to a new line at the cabinet, other phone features are no longer working on our number.  Caller ID is no longer working and also 1471.  When I call 1471 I get a message saying that it is not available on this line.  Both Caller ID and 1471 were both working fine before the engineer visit!  

I rang 150 again yesterday and after a 30 minute plus wait in a queue I ended up being put through to Billing, despite the fact I had said it was a home phone technical issue when navigating the ridiculous number of questions on the menu.  When I finally got through to someone in 2nd line technical after a total of 50 minutes on hold, I explained that rather than the 1 original problem with the intermittent dialling tone issue, I now had 3 separate issues including the original one.  He put me on hold to speak to his supervisor.  His supervisor advised him to tell us someone would call us back in a few minutes.  You guessed it - we have had no call back.  I am frankly getting a little fed up of wasting my time and having my time wasted by Virgin and also fed up of my phone services not working correctly.  

I am hoping that someone from VM sees this and gets in touch to tell me how to get these issues resolved.  Please don't tell me to call 150 again because I absolutely refuse to do that again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: 1571 intermittent dial tone but no messages

Hi ianandmichelleb

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear of the issues you've had. 

I have asked my colleague to check the systems and everything should be working for you now.

Can you check for me this is the case and report back any issues you may have? 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks for the reply.  We have just checked all 3 outstanding issues and I'm afraid none of them have been resolved!  We still have:-

a) no Caller ID

b) no 1471 facility on the line

c) a constant intermittent dialling tone despite not having any voicemail messages (new or saved)

What exactly have they checked?  Issues a & b only started after the engineer "swapped" our number to a new line at the cabinet.  Are they checking the correct line?!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me.

I have now scheduled a work order on the account for our faults management team. They'll be looking into this and trying to sort remotely. If they cannot do so, they'll be in touch to advise further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

OK thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Someone from 2nd line technical called me this morning after you referred it to them yesterday.  He's sorted the 1471 and caller ID issues thanks.  The intermittent dialling tone problem has not been resolved unfortunately.  He has arranged for an engineer to come out again tomorrow.  Whilst he was on the phone he reset our Voicemail service again to see if that fixed it.  It didn't fix it unfortunately.  He arranged for the engineer to come out tomorrow and we ended the call. 

I've just been on the phone for a while and wanted to check if anyone had left me a message so I rang 1571.  It now says "please enter your PIN".  I have never set up a PIN for my voicemail and have no idea what it is.  I've tried 0000, 1111, 1234 etc in case it's set to a default, but none have worked.  I now might have messages to listen to but I can't access them!  I don't want a PIN on my Voicemail - I never had one before.  Please can you arrange for the PIN to be removed asap so I can access my voicemail messages!

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I've just been reading about Voicemail Pins and the website seems to indicate that a PIN is only an option if we have Voicemail Plus.  We've never had Voicemail Plus.  We've only ever had Free Voicemail.  Has someone upgraded us to Voicemail Plus without our consent?  We want to remain on Free Voicemail and do not want to incur fees for Voicemail Plus.  Please could you check and have it removed (along with the PIN) if someone has given us Voicemail Plus.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi ianandmichelleb,

Thanks for your post.

I'm sorry about the problems you've been having - but I'm glad we have a technician going out again to you.

In regards to the Voicemail Plus, I'd need to take a look at your account to help. 

I'll pop you a private message now requesting some details.

Thanks

Melissa

0 Kudos