Menu
DerryNorth
Tuning in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

150 Unobtainable

Trying to contact Virgin Media for support by dialling 150 and get the unobtainable tone.

Yesterday I was able to get through using the 0345 454 1111 number, but not today.  The landline (home phone) is working perfectly well apart from this.  Today I managed to call from another phone, but the home phone still gets the unobtainable tone.  Is this just a symptom of them being very busy with a lot of staff off because of the coronavirus, or is something else going on?

Sassy-t
Joining in
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: 150 Unobtainable

I’m having the same problem calling off my Virgin mobile. 

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi DerryNorth,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry you've had some issues getting through to us, appreciate this is frustrating. We are busier than usual at the moment, but an agent would answer as soon as possible.

What was your call regarding? We may be able to help.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
DerryNorth
Tuning in
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alex_Rm

Thanks for responding.  I got through on the 0345 number - though it wasn't free of course, even from my Virgin phone.

The problem I was reporting is that we keep losing the signal when watching catch-up via the TiVo box.  It freezes for a few minutes with the connection light flashing, then starts again, or sometimes hangs forever, until we reboot the box.  Very annoying, especially on a Friday night.  We're also getting frequent pixelation on live TV.  We have a problem record open with Customer Support.  They changed something at their end and asked us to monitor it.  Now I need to call them again, because we had a recurrence yesterday.  It happened just as TiVo started recording another channel, so I'm wondering in that is related.

This post was about the 150 being unobtainable and I don't have an answer for that.  The person I spoke to was uninterested, as I had called about a TV problem.  Different department.

Regards,

Derry

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Derry, 

Thanks for getting back to me, 

I've run through some diagnostics and it's advising that a box swap is needed.

Just to make you aware you would lose all your current recordings if I do this, please let me know if you're happy to change the box and I can pop you over a private message to arrange this.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
DerryNorth
Tuning in
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alex,

I assume you're talking about the TiVo catch-up issues and not the 150 unobtainable!

Last time we had a box swap, they sent it out for me to install myself and I returned the old one later, once we'd watched anything we didn't want to miss.  Could we do that again?  There's a lot of stuff hanging over from Christmas and before that we haven't watched yet.  If that's OK, then yes, please PM me with details.

The TV signal drop only seems to occur when watching from catch-up and most - but not all - of that can be done over WiFi, now that we have a smart TV.  The pixelation is annoying but we can put up with it for a bit longer.  So maybe we can install the new box in a few weeks?

Thanks for your help with this.  It's been more useful than the telephone calls so far.

,Regards,

Derry

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi DerryNorth,  I've sent you a PM.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for your message and for clearing data protections, DerryNorth,

Apologies. my message should have been clearer that I was messaging to get the box swap done. I have done this now and your replacement box is on the way.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
DerryNorth
Tuning in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Great, thanks.  I'll keep an eye out for it.

Regards,

Derry

0 Kudos
DerryNorth
Tuning in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Well the V6 box has arrived and, as far as I can tell from the installation manual, it seems to REQUIRE a connection to the hub.  Given that my hub is upstairs diagonally opposite the TV downstairs, they are about as far apart as they can get in my house.  I have a WiFi booster, but it's not a perfect solution, even for the smart TV. Won't this play havoc with my Broadband service?

The TiVo box accessed the Internet and streamed services via the Cable TV cable, which is what I thought I was paying for.  Does the V6 not do this?

Thanks in advance, Derry

0 Kudos